Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I feel very brave, but very nervous at the same time!I went over w/ my kids and had a cookout at my friend's house who had the sick baby--who had the v;ing and d* for over a week, and then found out her mother who was v'ing Thurs. and Fri. was there and she was kissing on Aidan and I didn't flip out. Then my friend brought out some of her baby's toys and I didn't freak out on the outside when Aidan was playing with them, he even put one in his mouth. Do you think he will get sick??? She hadn't v'ed in @ 10 days or so and I think her d* ended a week ago. ANd her mother hadn't v'ed since Thurs. nite or Fri. morning. It's germs on the toys I am really worried about.

its possible the germs are still on the toys, but hopefully the momma is a clean momma and thought to at least wash the toys off, but for 10 days? i doubt germs can live on a toy for that long..you on the other hand are more than likely JUST FINE <3 so dont worry its liek a .9838572375 chance

good night GET SOME SLEEP <333

<b>a-hay</b>

Its possible....germs can last a long time on toys....just keep your eyes open, watch for symptoms....keep us posted

I seriously doubt the germs could live on the toys for a week. Don't quote me on this, but I think they can live on surfaces for a few days max, they really need a host.

It is hard to say Donna how long a virus can remain on toys.It has been 10 days or so;I can't see it. I don't think you need to worry about it, although I know you will, its hard not to.
    Keep yourself busy take your mind off that situation.
    Seriously if I was you, I wouldn't worry.

Donna,
    You should be so proud of yourself for going to your friend's home and not flipping out. I wouldn't worry about it, either. Just pat yourself on the back and don't think about it.

\"This too shall pass\"

Donna, I don't think your baby will get sick....it's been 10 days..that's quite a while for the germs to die off i think. That was very very brave of you and such a big accomplishment for you. You should pat yourself on the back for that one. I know i would have been scared myself, but it's these little things we do that will help us to overcome this fear. Stay brave now, and like someone else said, stay busy and try not to worry too much about it. Good job[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Good on you for doing that. Even though the doubts were there you still did it.

I am still feeling nervous. I will feel better tomorrow night, since that was the incubation period for my friend's daughter. Everyone pray that he doesn't get sick!!!

Good luck Donna....lord i hope you all will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Well done! You have been really brave. I think your little boy will be fine. Good luck!

Great job Donna! I'm sure everything will be fine. I would have straight passed out if I had seen my kid chewing on ANYTHING! That's why I'm never having kids... [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] You are on the road to recovery and didn't even know it!

Okay, now I am not brave, just stupid. I just read this article:

Traditionally, it was thought that most cases of diarrhea could be prevented by improvements in hygiene and sanitation. However, such steps alone are insufficient since rotavirus can survive for long periods on hard surfaces such as toys and tables. The highly infectious virus probably is spread by the oral-fecal route and is not killed by standard disinfectants. Efforts to overcome the challenge posed by this hardy virus were aided by the researchers' discovery that most children have been infected with rotavirus by the age of 3 years. An infant's first bout of diarrhea from rotavirus is the most severe, with subsequent reinfections decreasing in severity. These findings indicated that infants gradually develop a partial immunity to the virus and that a vaccine might prevent disease.

If most have had rotavirus by age 3, wouldn't that mean that you as an adult might have some immunity to it as well?

I've had it. I just can't bear the thought of my on going through that!!

I can completely understand.

It wasn't necessarily rotavirus that they had, was it?

Donna,

I can so see where you are coming from with this one. I know that
    whenever my little fella is playing with other kids toys then there is
    just massive brain overload with me analysisng every situation and
    possible scenario for illness and checking on the time and starting the
    'sv clock' until he is in the clear.

As for Rotavirus, this is a strange beast. It does indeed seem to
    infect almost 100% of kids (however good hygiene is practiced) by the
    time they are 2-3, BUT it also does seem to be very very good at
    producing a very long lasting immunity which should see you well into
    adult life. There are 2 new vaccines that have been licensed for
    Rotavirus in the past few months, which seem to have very good
    protective abilities indeed. Rotavirus is a major killer in
    children in third world countries where there is the lack of
    rehydration support etc and the vaccine will be a major life
    saver. Just wish the same was true of norovirus where almost all
    attempts at vaccine production have failed and immunity is very short
    lived indeed.

Hope the kids are keeping well and you come out of this unscathed.

Iain