Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while, I hope you're all doing well. I watched that movie last night "50 First Dates", with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore..... One of the first scenes where that Gigantic Walrus Pukes on that lady ! Oh, My god ! That was soooooooo discusting ! Have you seen it ?
    Also, My 17 month old little girl Emma has had diarrhea all day, [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] and is not eating well. Totally gives me anxiety. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Worrying that she has a tummy bug, and that possibly she will puke, and or pass it onto my 4 year old. URGH ! This is my stress ! This is the worrying I do with this Phobia ! That some thing might possibly happen ! I hate it ! Anyway, Thanks guys for listening to me babble ! Hopefully she will feel better after her nap. I will be keeping her on a bland diet just in case and hope for the best ! Have a GREAT day ! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Kristen

hey! yeah 50 first dates was pretty funny. that walrus scene was pretty gross but it looked pretty fake!

i hope your little one feels better, could have been something she ate. little babies have trouble digesting certain things.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Kristen

I hope your little girl feels better soon. It is unlikely she'll gt sick now - whatever has affected her is irritating her bowel, not her stomach - if she has had it all day and has not been sick, she probably won''t now. And keepingher on a bland diet is what doctors advise for all of us after a bout of 'the runs', so you are doing the right thing there, even for a non-emet.

Best wishes, Jill xxx

Hiya!

I hated that scene - eurgh!! Well done for being able to watch it and not freaking out tho!

I hope ur little girl gets better soon - keep ur chin up, keep smiling. Everything will be fine! Just stick to bland food, as u r doing at the moment.

Rachel xxx

I was going to post about that as well. I watched 50 FIirst Dates last night as well.

I was suprised at how well I handled it. In fact I commented to my husband that I MUST be gettng better because normally I would have run out of the room or lay there traumatized and nauseated the rest of the night.

I am sorry to here your little one isn't feeling well. I am sure that it is just affecting her bowels. It could be her teeth if she doesn't have them all in. My guy is 17 months old as well and I have discovered that some teeth cause him to not eat and get the trots.
    Keep it bland and just when she is interested. Dry cereal, veggie crackers, plain rice (or cook it in a little broth.
    If you can get Pedialyte where you are that is awsome for them to sip on. You can get them in popsicle form now too which makes it really easy for them to take at this age. If you don't she can sip on Power ade and Gatorade.

Hope everyone is feeling good.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

how bad is it?! i wanna c that film...also has anyone seen eurotrip? is there any yacky scenes in that?

It wasn't too bad really. It happens so fast. It is right in the beginning when he is giving recussitation to the walrus. It is totally unrealistic. It would be easy to skip or slose your eyes on because ther eisn't any sounds to suggest that is what is happening.

No I have haven't seen Euro trip not one I was really interested in seeing.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

hmm any visuals tend to bother me...its wierd i saw scary movie 3 the other day and my boyfriend assured me there were no v* scenes but there were 3...i could see the first one was coming so i hid but i saw both the other 2...the wierd thing about it was the non-visual scene scared me more than the visual one...even tho i can usually handle anything but visual scenes...i dunno if anyone has sen it but this guy is spinning on a chair then u c him with his head in a bucket...it all seems so bizarre and sureal...i kno it is supposed to be a humourous film but that scene is quite scary imo