Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

.....for those that are interested:

http://mediresource.sympatico.ca/dis...l.asp?disease_ id=183&dowhat=accept_disclaimer

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neat article Amber, thanks!

your welcome

Ugh....actually had a bad bout of it today. Didn't take anything before I went go-karting, because it never made me sick before. Well, after 10 minutes on the track, I started to turn more than a 'lil green. I still feel it now- when I close my eyes I feel as though I am still circling the track [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]. Damned motionsickness....the article says that most people grow out of it by age 12. I'm still waiting.

On the plus side, I did pass my boyfriend 3 times.....who cares if once I crashed into the tires lining the track?

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lol aww I'm sorry the go carts got you.

I only get what I call a "sick feeling headache" when I try and read in the car or focus on something in my hands in the car while it is moving. I think its because the object or whatever Iam trying to read is stationary in the car, and the car itself is moving, so I think it messes up my brain. I try and never read anything because even just a few minutes of focusing hard on something (like trying to open a wrapper if I'm looking at it) can do it, and I start to get a sick feeling headache. Its crazy though because my dad refuses to believe me, though I have gotten this since I can remember. He thinks I am making it up.

Yep- trying to read or focus on something inside the car causes a confusion in the centre of the brain responsible for balance and equilibrium- the body feels like it is moving, but the eyes say that you are standing still. I try to do the same thing in the car...even trying to find something in my purse, or checking on someone in the backseat can start the nausea going.

It sucks that your dad doesn't believe you- my parents definitely believe me when I am in the car with them, because A) it's been happening since I was a kid and Ihave reached the point of vomitting, and B) my mom still gets really bad motionsickness herself.

Have you tried ginger? I find that, that helps a lot as a non-chemical remedy.

*amber*

Thanks for the articles. They were informative.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you.\"
    1 Peter 5:7
    Pumpkin