Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]My dad had a potluck today at school, he took 2 bowls of prepared fruit salads and he brought the leftovers back an hour ago. They were supposed to be refrigerated at or below 3C, and he had them at school for a total of 8 hours with no refrigeration! And I got careless and ate a piece of watermelon from one of the bowls..[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Jeez i don't know what i was thinking, and i've been searching for food safety tips on the internet and i found out that fruit salads are among the high risk foods for bacteria to grow in..[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I only ate a small piece..but i still ingested it..im scared

I think you will be fine. Just think about how long fruit sits out at picnics or reunions. If it were meat or something my response would be different, but you will be okay.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Fruit, by itself, is okay if it sits out. Remember that fruit is not refrigerated naturally. If there are sauces or creams then you need to be concerned. Of course, you don't want to eat fruit that has rotted, but that does not sound like this is the case.

I think you are fine.

Stella

[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]Oh thnx guyz, I've been trying to get my mind off of this, it's been really scaring me.

no, its only fruit! it is fine...if it was mayonaisse then worry...but fruit is fine!

You'll be fine....I would worry more if you ate something with mayo in it. You will be fine...dont worry! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">It's been like 5 hours or so now. I'm fine. Thanks guyz</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Fruit by itself is perfectly fine. Like the others have said, if it had a dressing or sauce then I'd rethink my answer but you'll be fine.

And food takes 30 minutes to register. You're home clear!