Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: mayo=nausea?

Hey all,

Welp I just had seafood salad my husband made (and it was good!) but it had a lot of mayo in it, and well I'm feelin kind of queasy. Does anyone else get this from mayo?

Mayo has been pasturized, so maybe you are just a little sensitive to it. Large quanities of anything that you aren't used to eating could make you a little nauseated. As long as the mayo was still good, you shouldn't be worried about FP from the mayo.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mayo used to sit kinda heavily in my stomach, it was just too much for me ya know? I gave it up for that and the egg reason and couldn't be happier without lol sometimes I use low fat dressing (no eggs) and find that it settles better.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Mayo generally just doesn't make me feel good. I only eat small quantities of it rarely, and i'ts much better now. I wouldn't worry about fp!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i have an egg allergy, so i understand that mayo makes you ill, before i found out i used to get horribel symptoms from eating mayo.

i have actually found an egg free mayo, it is much lighter and eaiser to digest. it is the same consistancy as real mayo, maybe a little thicker, bust it goes down nicely. i really missed it when i found that i couldnt eat eggs, that is why i am so pleased that i have found it.

Seafood with mayo makes me feel yucky too. I wouldn't worry much, it seems pretty normal. It is a heavy, fatty food.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

Thanks for your replies. I think it is the mayo that did it. My husband doesn't think so (because he made it), but I was fine before I ate it, then after felt pretty nauseas.

Mayo is just one of those things that I have heard so many people get FP from that I stay away from it--even in my own home!!! I really like it, butI am scared to eat it! And, my husband HATES it so he doesn't even want it in our house!

I hope you are feeling better now!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Just because it didn't make him feel ill doesn't mean a thing. Food reacts differently with people, especially when you have IBS and rich foods like Seafood and mayo can sometimes just upset it a little.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

sea food is dodgy, it can cause upset especially if someone hasnt cooked the item properly! your husband probally has a stronger stomach than you!

you know-it's funny because if I eat Miracle Whip-it makes me a little nauseas but the plain mayo is ok.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Loooove Mayo. I know it's not good for me, but I love it.