Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

last night in the middle of the night i woke up with what felt like a lump in my throat and no matter how much i drunk it wouldnt go away but everntually i fell asleep and was fine....
    but this morning ive woken up and my throat feels funny... its like just above my wind pipe it feels like theres somethign there....
    im so scared that this is a sign of your going to be sick...
    could i be just coming down with a cold (my niece and dad both have one) and if so could that make me sick???
    does this sound bad to you?? or not???
    please help me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sounds like you are fighting a cold. That can make your throat swell/feel funny. I'm sure you're fine.

could i be sick with it?? or is it not likely? if i eat will i be alright?? and can panicing make it feel any worse?? t
    thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yep, definatly sounds cold-ish to me. Colds rarely make you v* and if you niece and dad both have one and havnt v*ed then chances are even if you get one you wont v* either.
    (billy)

haha, you know, we both posted at like, exactly the same time!
    (billy)

yeah it sounds like a cold, but you wont be s*, if you drink some hot drinks it might help with that. it will probally sooth your throat. the swollen feeling is probally just your glands up or something.

hope you feel better soon,

Yes its either the beginning of a cold or throat infection, or it could just be panic. You seem to be worrying a lot at the moment Abbey!

Did you have any other panicky feelings like did it feel as if someone was sitting on your chest or was your heart beating quite fast? Were you clenching your teeth or swallowing a lot? I get a funny throat if i swallow a lot.

You should try to stop analysing every different feeling your body has, because they dont all mean we are going to V*. As I said before in another post, there are usually a whole bunch of things that we feel in our bodies before V*ing, not just one!)

WAAAHH i just looked up at the tv and its an old episode of Holby City.. this man was V*ing into a bowl GRRRRRooosssssss!!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Agreecompletely with all the posts, it's either the start of a cold or just plain stress/anxiety. I sometimes feel I've got a lump in my throat and it can go on for days, then it just goes. You won't v* Abbie, honestly, try and relax and forget about it.

How's the little one?

thankyou everyone!
    you have settled my mind now the lump in my throat has eased a bit now i dare eat [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Suze - shes great thanks for asking shes one month now i will post some photos later... hows your 2?

no. no. no... you're not going to get sick or v*. i've felt that same lump and it ALWAYS freaks me out!!!

but honestly, i have no idea what it is!

It could be postnasal drip. I have allergies, and I have felt that same "lump" for weeks now.

I used to get this lump in my throat that felt like a pill was stuck in my throat. I found out my mom experienced the same thing and had asked her Dr. about it. They did tests on her just in case like testing her thyroid to make sure it wasn't enlarged and stuff and they came to the conclusion that it was just her esophagus spasming from stress and anxiety. So when I told her about the weird feeling in the back of my throat she said she knew what it was and expained all this to me. Well, after I figured out what it was, it started happening less and less, and finally went away.

sounds like a cold of some sort

it's allergy season now so it might just be allergies. don't worry too much about it because your nerves can make you feel upset when really your stomach isn't upset at all. i bet you'll feel find after another good nights rest and if it's still there, you can always call the doc and ask them if there's anything you can take for it!