Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Food..

I was just wondering, is under 600/700 calories a day really bad if you have it everyday? and can having that less cause you to feel ill?
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey there, I've noticed a few posts now where you ask about food issues or body image issues, is this something you are seeing your Dr about? Because 600 calories a day is not really enough, women need up to 2000 calories, I worry about you when you talk about restricting food behaviours etc. Not eating enough will give you stomach pains and leave you lethargic and feeling generally crappy.

Xxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

As hard as it is when emet is making you sick, you really do need to eat more than 700 calories a day. As Hippychick said, to function perfectly you need to be eating 1500-2000 calories. There are a lot of "light foods" that are higher in calories and would be healthy for you. I have been reading some of your posts and I empathize with you so much. I have gone through periods where emet just didn't allow me to eat anything I used to, and it is a really bad way to feel.

Ya hon, that is bad. You need to eat more. Eat things that you know wont make you sick. You can do it. And if your not eating enough, that could be causing you to get n*.

I know how difficult it is to eat and to try and make yourself eat when you are in the grip of emet. This time last year i was in a really bad way. I was only eating 3 buscuits a day (on a very good day) my bmi was dangerously low and i even stopped drinking water at one point. I was well on the way to starving myself death because i was so terrified that whatever i put into my body would come back up. In short hun, you need to eat more, i know how hard it is because i am still struggling now and am still not eating meals, i get by on snacks mostly, with a little bread and banana now and again! If you don't eat you will feel worse and the nausea you feel from not eating is terrible. From your other posts i know you are having real problems with emet at the moment and the fact that you are eating something is good but you need to just be eating more to help out your body to function.

If you ever need to talk pm me, i think we here have all been through times when emet has totally freaked us out about eating.

Take care

Trinity x