Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Supositorys

Ok so I went to the docs ive got a very impacted bowel,and im having to insert one in about 15 mins and lye down and wait,and im absoltuly flipping sh*****g myself about it!

Seriously, can people tell me there storys about using these?

he says im impacted right up near my stomach and im freaking the hell out at the moment..

Please need help?

xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi again Violet,

When my oldest son was three, he became very constipated and had terrible tummy pains. When kiddy laxative didn't work, I took him to A & E and they gave me suppositories. I'll gloss over the details of how much fun it was getting a wriggling three-year-old to co-operate , but within five minutes of it being inserted he did a poo and his pain was gone! I know it doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs, but you'll feel much better afterwards. And I think that'll be the end of your tummy ache too!

Fiona x

Do it, it'll ease so many of your stomach problems, you won't feel so much nausea and your stomach will stop hurting. I know the thought of putting anything into the body is scary b/c of side effects but trust me this needs to be done to help your body SO much.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Bloody hell i dont recogmend it :S

awch sore burning n* weird sensation in my bladder and it aint really working to well!!

Cant stop crying though and my mothers freaking out at me!

Nothing to fear about suppositories. Hopefully they will work for you. I have had to use enemas before, too. They aren't fun, but they definitely work!

It didnt work hun,only made me in terrible gripe kind of pain for about 2 hours awful,never taking them again, the pain

my bowel still to this moment doesnt feel right and i took it at 6:30 this evening

x

violet

was it glyserol supposutoreis cos my youngest has to get them tommorow and i am so not looking forward to doing that too him

hey lyndsay,

nope it was the Bisacodyl ones and there not to nice, the ones I got very very strong really and uncomfortable and the doc thought I was impacted but seems as though is I am, its up nearer my stomach

hope your little one is alright, is he having problems then hun?

x

well there has been a virus about for a while but everyone else including me got d* but he seems to have got constipation instead and bad chest and skin but that is just the norm for him he is the smiley one altough god knows why he is always ill lol

luv lyndsayanne

Lyndsayanne, it was glycerol suppositories that my son had toget, and the results were quick and painless, so hopefully it'll be the same for your son.

I've used glycerol supps., painless and effective and you can get them over the counter! Are they working yet Violet? I wouldn't worry about them, they will do you no harm whatsoever and will make you feel much better. Check them out on the Web to see how long they should take to work before you try another - I took too many once thinking they weren't working. I was camping in France and they kicked in in the middle of night. I have never moved around a campsite so quickly in my life!!!

ohh Suze im sorry but I had to giggle there lol..

Well ive beem twice now,thing is I havent moved alot but twice is better than nothing,I do have a strange sensation in the top left hand side of my ribs, dont know what it is.

Im going to have to take some movicol I think to get it from the top of my bowels Im SO SO SO worried that its going to completly block and im going to v*

It does hurt still at the moment ruffled up my bowel something awful x

Yeah, it was funny, especially as I didn't quite make it to the toilets!! Good job the toilet and shower blocks were combined!! Sorry if that's too gross!

Don't worry, things are moving now - it takes weeks of inactivity before you'll v* from constipation, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Get yourself some dried apricots tomorrow, they will get you moving!

On the subject of dried fruit, can I suggest that you don't eat prunes? They have been known to clear me out from BOTH ends. Sorry, tmi.

Thankx for the heads up dreamer my mother was trying to push me to eat them,she can feck off now if she thinks im going to eat them,il just eat fruit and fiber cereals..

Also Suze hun thankx again,that really does put my mind at ease x

Violet,

From what I know about physiology and anxiety, I would venture a guess that your anxiety is what is keeping this blockage up right now. Anxiety stops your digestive system from working properly - it shuts it down, actually. This is part of the "fight or flight" response. The sympathetic nervous system, which is the body's response to anxiety, has very particular features:
    <UL>
    <LI>increased respiration and heart rate</LI>
    <LI>triggering of adrenalyn</LI>
    <LI>muscle tension (awaiting "running away")</LI>
    <LI>sweating</LI>
    <LI>shutting down of digestion (this is what makes emets think they are "nauseous")</LI>[/list]

People can either respond to this response with loose bowels or with "tightened" bowels - often the first indicator of "IBS" [as is the going back and forth of constipation/diarrhea that is often called IBS].

My point is that if you try to really relax your body, even if that means very intentional slow breathing....then your body's parasympathetic nervous system will kick in, which is an overall calming system. This will get your bowels working properly, as opposed to tightening up - even in response to the suppository.

Try some slow breathing, and telling yourself that relaxing is good, and is good for your bowels. When you feel things moving about down there remind yourself this is a good thing. It should help you.

Give it a try!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.