Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Thoughts

I went to my doctor this morning to see about getting prescribed anti emetics, it was unsuccessful as i was pretty disapointed about but she has referred me to a therapist which im not to disapointed about. But she asked me a question that got me thinkingand i wonder if its the same for most people or if everybody has different answers.

What is it that scares you about V*?

.: tonight i\'m letting go :.

Hey, well maybe getting therapy would be better then tablets? That is a good question though. I think its more the build up that scares me..i don't like too, but if i ever feel that sick though, i go down and get an antiemetic if i can, but i suppose i need to over come it i guess? and not rely on drugs? But i hope you do get help from a therapist, insted of just being given some antiemetics.

Take care xx

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think its knowing that its going to happen, its not very comforting. Also, I don't like how it burns. It hurts really, really bad. After the first two or three goes though, I'm fine, I don't get scared for the rest of the time that I'm sick. I just want it over with.

I hate the feeling building up to it, the sound of gagging, the smell, and the taste. Sometimes it even seems to come out my nose, and I hate that, too. Also afraid of it happening in public or somewhere inappropriate.

What scare's me is knowing that i am going to v*. and when i am v* that scares me because i dont like it and it feels like i am going to choke. I just hate it that much i just want it over with. and when i have v* im always worrying in case it will happen again.
    A.fretwell

I hate it because you sometimes dont know when its going to happen and where. Its being not in control of it. I hate the way it comes out and i hate the way you feel before you do v*.

I hate all of it and i hate feeling like this.

However, i know once you have v* how much better you feel. But still does not help you overcome this horriable thing.

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx