Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am sooooo freaking out right now. Logan came in from school and told us that one of her friends threw up IN CLASS today. Luckily Logan wasn't sitting by her at the time, but it was on the carpet and she had to walk past it to get back to her seat. What's worse--and I am sooo mad, the little girl threw up & it got on the girl sitting in front of her, on her clothes--and the JUST WIPED HER OFF--they didn't call her parents to let her go home & take a bath or to even bring her clean clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! Just had her germy clothes be all over the class spreading the wealth. I am so super worried now!! Edited by: donna1216

Donna, that is disgusting! How and why would a teacher let a little kid get thrown up on and not do anything about it?! Ugh. Chances are the little girl just had a bit of a stomach ache. I remember five or six kids throwing up in my classes when I was younger. I'm sure Logan will be fine!! Keep us updated!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

What pisses me off about some non-emet ppl is their carelessness, seriously! I've heard so much about how teachers not letting sick kids go home exposing other kids to the germs. Why are ppl so dumb? It makes me so mad, i'm repulsed by how stupid they are. Seriously, they mite think that us, emets are the crazy ones when they're too dumb to care about health.[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img] Don't they have a clue what their stupid behaviours can do to others? Kids getting sick, ppl like us getting all freaked out and anxious.. They should get theirs*** together and learnsomething about health.Edited by: bigemet

Donna, remember, there are LOTS of reasons that people v*. Just because they kid got sick in class doesn't mean they have something contagious. The kid could have had something for lunch that didn't agree with them, or, as was the case with a kid in a class I was in, been chewing on something and choked. Kids are especially bad about getting sick for no particular reason. One minute they are fine, they suddenly v*, then they are fine again.
    Also, just because your girl was in the class does not automatically mean she will catch something. I remember numerous times kids would v* in my classes, I don't think I ever caught what they had, if they were even contagious. Actually, about a year ago a friend of mine was sitting next to me in class, she said she wasn't feeling well... got up and went to the bathroom. I asked her if she was ok, she said, "I'm better now that I'v*d" and SAT BACK DOWN RIGHT NEXT TO ME, like less than a foot away from me. I had to control myself, man that was hard. It was an eternity to me, but it was probably only 10-15 minutes before the instructor let us out. I thought I was going to pass straight out right there. I called herthe next dayto see if she was ok, she said she'd v*d all day that day with a sv*. I didn't get sick. I don't know how... but I didn't. I made it through those tense moments in class and survived.

Be strong, you'll get through this!

I am sooooo freaking out right now. Logan came in from school and told us that one of her friends threw up IN CLASS today. Luckily Logan wasn't sitting by her at the time, but it was on the carpet and she had to walk past it to get back to her seat. What's worse--and I am sooo mad, the little girl threw up & it got on the girl sitting in front of her, on her clothes--and the JUST WIPED HER OFF--they didn't call her parents to let her go home & take a bath or to even bring her clean clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! Just had her germy clothes be all over the class spreading the wealth. I am so super worried now!!

YOU need to call that school or even better go see the principal and let her have it!!! I know that ppor thing that got ill probably didnt mean to get it on the child in front of her (how old are these kids by the way). But if I was that kids mom that got the brunt of it, you bet your ass I would have wanted to be called so I could take my kid home, bathe and change her and more than likely keep her home the next day. There was no other way your child could get to her seat without walking past that mess? Was it already cleaned by the time she got to her seat? I remember in school (I'm in my late 40's so there were no sv* back then) 2 kids getting sick in class. It was horrid. One kid at his desk and as he walked out did it again at the end of his aisle. Another time a girl did it right on her desk, didnt even phase her. But still I can remember being a basket case when it occured so this tells me I had this fear back in the 4th grade. A kid got sick on the school bus and I freaked. I was crouched down in the seat with my hands over my ears till it was my bus stop. The driver put the kid on the steps near the door and everytime hev* the bus would stop and the driver would push him by way of his back so his head was out the door.

But you should call that school and bitch! I know I would. Kim

Donna,

I would be flippin' mad that they just wiped the v* off the other kid without calling her parents. If that was my kid, I would be the fury that no one would want to meet. That teacher would be toast when I got done with her and you know I am like that. Is it any wonder that these things just keep circulating?

Hopefully, the little girl did not have anything contagious. You are in "the wait." Yuck and ugh.

Stella

What that teacher did was very unteacherlike! As a teacher, she should havebetter knowledge aboutsicknessand have some respect as well. Being thrown up on and kept in class without having ones parents called is a seriously degrading thing. How could she do that.[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]i do feel sorry for kids when they get sick. When my sis got sick a few yrs ago, my mom who's a non-emet held her and comforted her afterwards which is something i'd love to do if i didn't have this phobia. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I am still just freaking. These kids are kindergarteners, my daughter doesn't sit at the same table as the girl and she was on the other side of the carpet sitting when the girl got sick. What makes me madder is that the girl had been waiting in the bathroom b/c she felt like v'ing, then went to the nurse and for some reason came back to class. If she had just stayed in the nurse's office I wouldn't be freaking out for the next 3 days!! I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! My kids get sick when they haven't been around anyone sick, I can just see what life is going to be like for me and my brood for the next week. AGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I really would like to say something to SOMEONE at the school, but since it wasn't Logan who got barfed on I feel like I don't have any place saying anything. And I DO love her teacher to death, I just don't know why they didn't do anything about the other girl!!

OMG!!! I WOULD DIE RIGHT NOW! I think you need to call the school and let them know what had happened!!! THAT IS CRAZY!!! I hope to god your child doesnt get sick, but ya never know...what state are you in?? You need to call TOMORROW MORNING!! Hopefully that child isnt contagious!! Keep us posted!!!

The kid who got sick was probly sent back becoz the nurse thought it was ok to send her back. I think the nurse should have kept her in the office.

Donna, my oldest got v* ON in class (his hand) just before Christmas and I was freakin' like you. He didn't catch it. Try to stay positive. I know it's hard! BTDT!!! Hang in there!!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Yucko, that is just the worst thing to happen!!! My son has come home on numerous occasions and commented on how someone has thrown up in the middle of class. My sons best friend was sick not so long ago and he had said to the teacher that he felt sick, and she had said wait until the end of school and he just threw up right in front of Cody. It freaks me out too. What I find so frustrating is that parents are sending their kids to school when they have had v* the night before or in the morning. I'm an emet and I wouldn't even dream of sending him off to school (even though I wouldn't have to see it...lol).

So anyway, to alleviate your fears, Cody didn't catch the sv that his mate had even though it landed on his school book (gross, gross, gross!!!). I'm sure your Logan will be fine (beautiful name by the way).

Anthea

Donna, about two Christmases ago, there was a particularly bad sv* doing the rounds (happens EVERY Christmas!!!!!!) and one day my son came home and casually announced that the boy who sits next to him had v*d! I had two or three days of the WORST terror, but nothing happened. I think your wee one will be ok.

My son has also said many many times that kids in his class has v....and he never caught them...so i think your daughter will be fine, all though i can see how you would be upset and concerned about it anyway...they should have kept her in the office for sure...but most people don't think like us anyway so we are the ones who have to suffer for it......i hope Logan will be fine....and that you don't worry yourself too much over this.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I totally understand your concern and would be really pissed off at that teacher for not sending home the child who got puked on - that's gross!! I would be freaking out too!

It's just a waiting game at this point....my daughter had a kid sitting at her table v* right next to her back in November and within 24 hours she caught it (sorry to tell you the truth) but then she just told me about a month or so ago that she held the garbage can for a sick boy and walked him to the nurses office (I could have killed her for doing that but she thought she was helping) and she never caught anything.

Try to stay calm.....that kid could have v*d for any reason, maybe not an sv at all! Good Luck, I hope Logan stays healthy.

Donna,

You need to call the school and complain about that. Not only are they NOT preventing the spread (if its contagious) that poor little girl had to sit in that? I would be really pi$$ed if it were my child!

I know--I keep thinking of how I would go off if Logan had been the one v'ed on! Luckily today she had gifted so she wasn't in her classroom until it was time to go home, so she missed sitting on the v'ed on carpet this morning!