Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was okay the first day, but I mentioned feeling a little like I couldn't pay attention or concentrate on anything. I took my second pill the next day, was okay for about an hour and then totally tuned out to EVERYTHING around me. I was working at the college as a tutor and I was so bad off I decided to go home early. I tried to do my homework and I noticed I would just stare at the paper for like 10 mintues without moving, blinking, thinking...nothing! It was like I wasn't even seeing it! I would read something and immediately forget it...write answers down and not know how I got it or even if it made sense...I was lucky I wasn't sitting there drooling!!!

I drove home (bad idea) and luckily made it okay but the whole time I kept getting distracted by things on the side of the road and would keep staring at it, I kept saying "pay attention to the road!" over and over. I swear, I think I was even hallucinating at one time! I called the pharmacist I work with and told him about it. He said for me to try Paxil, that it worked on serotonin only but Wellbutrin worked on that and norepinephrine and dopamine too. So maybe I won't have the same reaction.

About 6 hours after taking the Wellbutrin I was okay again...a little more talkative and happier than normal but at least not almost comatose. My bf made fun of me all night for being so perky. I was chewing gum and I said "I think gum makes me talk more" and he said "I don't think it's the gum..." lol. Even though I only took it for 2 days I did notice way less anxiety. I think if I could have taken a lower strength it would be a great med for me, but I was already on the lowest possible mg.

In the end, my doc gave me Paxil 10 mg. Anyone have experience with it? I'm going to wait and take it on a day I don't have anything to do, just in case it makes me high again, lol.
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

I tried Wellbutrin and hated it!! Paxil CR is the only antidepressant that has helped me. I loved it!! Just know that it may make you feel a little anxious at first, but it will get better. I only felt that way for maybe a week...it did take about 4 weeks to kick in, so be patient. It really is suppossed to be one of the best for anxiety, panic attacks, and OCD type stuff. It REALLY helped me, no IBS even while I was on it...Good luck...you can PM me if you have any private questions or need to talk.

Thanks silver! Do you have sexual side effects from it? I saw in the pamphlet it can decrease libido, but I talked to a friend who said it made him "horny all the time" (sorry).
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

Hey Falon, I was on Paxil for almost a year, and it helped me alot. What I didn't like about it was that it killed my sex drive, and I gained about 10 pounds. Other than that, it was great, and when I went off of it, I realized how much it really did help me. Good luck!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have taken Paxil which I really liked but it made me gain weight and also REALLY decreased my sex drive. I then switched to Effexor and liked that as well, but it also decreased my sex drive. Then I went to Wellbutrin also to help me quit smoking and hated it!!!

Paxil was my favorite - if you need an anti-anxiety it's def. a good one. Good Luck to you!

Wellbutrin can cause you to become more anxious when you start taking it. Its very stimulating.

I have never taken Paxil but am on Zoloft with much success.

I take Paxil (called seroxat here in UK) and it has changed my life. I used to be so incapacitated with anxiety and depression before, now I can do so much more. I did gain weight after going on it which was a blessing as I was so skinny, but I think this had more to do with the seroxat stopping the horrible stomach churning I had with anxiety and stopping the anxiety nausea I had so much than anything else.

Paxil can lower your sex drive, but the side-effect that bugs me the most is insomnia. Having said that, I have never been the best sleeper, so the meds are probably just enhacing something that's already there, so if you don't have trouble sleeping you'll probably not be effected in this way.

You definitely get more chatty and a little bit louder on Paxil. I used to be really quiet and shy, now I am more outgoing and extrovert.

Definitely give Paxil a go asap, I'm sure it will help and you've been given a very small dose. I've tried other anti-depressants that leave you feeling spaced out with weird feelings like the ones you described with Wellbutrin but Paxil doesn't make you feel like that at all.

Let us know how you get on!

Tracey
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I love Paxil! I have been on it for eight months and it also has changed my life. I have been on Zoloft and Effexor and neither helped much with anxiety. But now, I barely have any attacks at all, unless I'm having an "off" day. But I'm sorry to hear about the Wellbutrin. I was thinking of switching to it for a couple of months this summer so I could quit smoking, and then going back to Paxil. But I don't know...

Anyway, for me at least, Paxil is awesome! It won't hurt to try at least.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you want to get off wellbrutin, I wouldhave to tell you to steer away from Lexapro. It's probably like any other anti-depressant, though...I gained 10-15 pounds and I am experience sexual side effects as well. I'm planning on getting off of it as soon as the doctor oks it.

Hi Falon,

I was on Paxil for a long time - 8 years - and it was brilliant, changed my life! I'm now on Zoloft but need to take a higher dose of Zoloft than I was on Paxil. I loved Paxil and would take it again if I had to.

Cheers,

Daniela