Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This might be graphic...

I had just gotten off work and my brother and my cousins fiancee picked me up and showed me and my brother their new apartment. Well on the way home I went into McDonalds and got some takeout. I was very eager to eat because I hadn't eaten all day and it was now 10:30 at night. On the way home somehow they got on the conversation about ving. My brother told a couple stories. One was where his friends were all drinking and they ended up at Hardees and one of his friends disappeared so they went looking for him. I guess he puked all over the sink in the WOMANS bathroom. Then another time his friend Kirk puked in the parking lot from drinking. And he told the beautiful story where his friend Tim tried to puke in a popcan but instead puked on the floor. My brother was drunk and thought he could throw the bag of puke from our back porch to where our garbage is. Impossible but you think you can do things when you're drinking. Yeah--he got the bag of puke stuck in our tree and we were throwng shoes at it to get it down. Then my cousins fiancee throws in some stories of his own. One time he was drinking and he doesnt do good in cars when drinking so they had to pull over several times to let him puke. One time his friends said to do it in a mailbox so he puked in someones mailbox. THE WHOLE RIDE HOME I WAS HEARING PUKE STORIES!!!! *pulls hair*
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Well I made it through you story I have to say though the the word P*** bothers me more than V****. Anyways that is totally horrid I don't know why people think anyone would want to hear about stories like that. I can't see even to a non emet how t hat is at all amusing.ESPECIALLY when someone is eating, how gross. I am so sorry that you had to hear that. Not only while riding in the car but while hoping to enjoy a meal. BLECH. Just rude rude rude.
    Congrats on making it through the car ride without freaking though. I would have to say though if that happens again I would interupt and say excuse me...I AM trying to eat here. Of course that is just me and in the last 2 years I have learned to speak up more.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Sorry that the words I used offended you. They are actually hard for to type but I'm forcing myself to deal with it. I can type them but cant say them. Well, sorry again.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I was amazed that those stories didn't bother me at all - in fact at one point I laughed (about the bag in the tree). It was more of a "what -a- complete- idiot!" laugh than about the story. I can't imagine how this must have been for you though. I DO remember when I was phobic how these stories used to bother me so much I'd go home and cry and/or get really really depressed. I guess for folks like your brother and friends who have never BEEN phobic - they just can't possibly imagine what it's like. Maybe compare it to telling stories about dogs slobbering on people or something - puppies n'all...you can imagine that it's a bit gross, but you might be amused or laugh. But a person with a dog phobia (or a slobber phobia I suppose) would be completely horrified and think you were terrible for telling such stories.

I guess the only good thing would be to try to see just how LITTLE this bothers the average person...and realize that it really ISN'T the end of the world if you vomit or do it in public in some crazy way...and that others DON'T think of you as vile or horrible, they just laugh about it. Maybe that helps a bit.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I wonder why it is that people have stories like that to bring out and talk about and "one-up" each other. You know, we have a group that gets together every once in a while and we get rowdy talking about the same stories and laughing, and I'm comparing it to that. It seems in these sorts of instances, someone just needs to mentionit and these stories come out! And everyone gets their 2 cents in. But why oh why do people save those stories like that, to share with other people???? It's gross!!! I agree with Sage that the bag in the tree is funny, but I'm sure I'd freak out if I was around when that happened. If I allow myself to sit and think about and absorb these stories, I'll get freaked out, but on the surface, the bag in the tree one is funny. And I won't even get into the fact that someone thought it was a good idea to v in someone's mailbox. WTF???
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

P.S. Sorry, I got so wrapped up in my ranting that I forgot to send you hugs for having to sit in the car and listen to that when you were trying to eat!!! Yuck!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I hate when people tell you wierd and wonderful stories of v*. Its like when people do nasty tricks with there fingers! When one starts, evryone has to join in. Butwell done for survivng and being able to type them all up aswell! I must admit I dont like the word p* and it does bother me more than v* but I'm glad you feel you can type it which is great progress and is probably doing me some good too!

Thats a good point sage - It just proves how v* doesnt effect others and, even though there stories were nasty, I guess its an insentive to be able to deal with thema and see how others would deal with hearing those stories

i must be in the minority because i don't mind at all...in fact, i find i want to hear details....my friend's little girl was really sick a few months ago, for several days, and i wanted to know details, not because i'm really keen on it or anything but because it "normalizes" it for me, and makes me think "okay, and look, they're all still here. they survived." i guess i'm saying the same thing sage was saying, but not as eloquently.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Haha, Izzy, funny you should mention nasty tricks with fingers. I happen to be a master at those [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Ever since I was little, I have been double-jointed, so I can do crazy things that most people can't. Such as, I can bend some of my fingers all the way to the back of my hand, and the joints in my fingers all extend farther than they should, so I can make it look like I've broken my fingers.

But anyway, that's not the point of the story. I, too, am more bothered by the word puke than the word vomit. When I first read your post, I thought "Jeez, why didn't you censor those words?!" But then, I realized that it was good for me to read them. We need to become more desensitized to this kind of stuff. Avoiding it causes us to fear it more.

I don't mind a good vomit story every now and then... I'll even throw ina couple of my own, though I personally don't have any "good" ones. However, I do find that I get very anxious during those conversations. Even if I'm able to laugh about the things that are said, I can usually feel my stomach start to twist more and more. So I eventually say, "Okay, enough vomit for now, let's talk about something else."

&lt;Zachary&gt;
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

Im sorry you had to go thro that mystical star, and I can imagine how that must have not been cool to hear that.

Now dont take this wrong, but I admit I was sorta chucklin about the v* in a bag in the tree! The dumb things people do!! Geez I must be gettin better about it. I can totally understand tho how this would bother you. Boys!! Ugh!

Despite the vomit, I laughed my head off at the movie "Jackass". I think it's the same thing, even the scenes that weren't about vomit (I didn't laugh at those). But I was laughing AT them, for being such incredible dumbasses. Jackasses, I guess I should say. It was just incredible! I think it's the same thing - I'm sure there were bits in that movie that bothered all sorts of people, not just about vomit.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

That must have been really horrible for you, having to listen to them
    all, without being able to get away. When people start telling vomit
    stories around me... I completely break down, or freak out. My grandma
    seems to love to tell them around me. Same with my mom. They think I
    have emotional problems, or whatever, sometimes by the way I react from
    them.

Back in October, for my Grandfather's 70th birthday, a bunch of my
    family was in South Carolina visiting, and for the whole weekend it
    seemed the topic was vomit. To top all that off, the last night my
    little brother got sick, and continued to throughout the night. I
    remember being so angry at my dad for him saying "You are overreacting.
    There's nothing wrong with people throwing up, and you seem to be
    seeking attention acting the way you are" I hid outside of the hotel in
    the bushes, until my dad made me come inside... My brother and I had to
    share a bed that night, since we were in the hotel, and my dad wouldn't
    let me sleep on the floor. He said it would be better for me, and would
    kill my phobia if Benj, my little brother, threw up all over me. He
    never did throw up on me, but during the night he got sick atleast 7
    times or so. He never bothered to go the bathroom either. Ick. And then
    the 10 hour drive home in the car the next day... bad memories....

-Anna

my auntie came over yestrday, and started telling us how the lady she works for was trelling her in great detail that she v*ed last night... she told us where she did, what she did, how she did.. e.t.c e.t.c. but what was ironic was... my auntie was COMPLAINING that this lady had told her all the gory details.. but was actually telling us too, lol.

i was just sitting there, squirming in my seat tryin to busymyself by watching the incredibly boring football on the television.. but u no wot its lke... we HAVE to look around for v* patches.. in the same way i HAVE to hear what they're saying if its about v*. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: