Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay so I'm really hungry but I have no money to go shopping. The only thing in my fridge is some fake crab meat and a container of strawberry banana juice. The juice says Expires onMay 1 (But I've had the container for over a week) And the fake crab meat says Use by May 15th, but the package it came in is open (I sealed it in a plastic bag though) and I've had the crab meat in there for more then a week, maybe even more then TWO. Is it okay to eat this stuff or should I just starve until tomorrow when I'll have some money?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hmmm. I don't think I would eat it, but that's just me. Do you have a friend or family member that will feed you dinner tonight?

No it's too late to call my family and all of my friends are broke Just like me LoL! I'm positively starving though, maybe I can find something in my freezer.

~Monica

I'd stave off of the crab meat, but the juice should be fine if it hasn't been opened or left sitting out of the fridge for long.

I just had some of the crab meat...I mean I'm so hungry I'm willing to risk it. It didn't taste funny or smell funny, but who knows? GRRR! I hate this!

~Monica

Now I'm all freaking out cause I ate it...damn this PHOBIA! I was just thinking if it was my sister she would have probably eaten it! I'm MAD!!

~Monica

I probably wouldn't have eaten the meat, but then again - I'm vegetarian and when I was eating meat at other points in my life, I usually wouldn't eat meat that had been open for more than a few days (unless I had been continuiously eating on it... for example a container of lunchmeat with 10 slices because that is next to impossible to consume in 3 days).

The juice was probably okay, as long as it smelled and looked fine. Juice will turn cloudy and or smell different when it spoils (at least that has been my experience).

Next time you get some extra cash, buy some ramen noodles and stash them in the back of the pantry. They are really cheap and last for almost ever --- they make a good meal when you are low on money and can't afford anything else. Some places literally sell the stuff for like ten cents a package! We always keep some around my house to have for dinner when the money is low.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, it's fake crab meat, right? Do you cook fake crab meat? if you cook it, then I don't know if i would have eaten it, but that's just because i eat almost everything. first I would have smelled it though. If it smelled and tasted fine, then chances are that it WAS fine, and you don't need to worry anymore. As long as the juice smelled fine, then I would drink that. And then tomorrow, buy some non-perishable foods. In fact, I was gonna suggest ramen noodles myself, I basically live off of them. They are amazing, and take about five minutes to cook. Just make sure that you buy some different flavors!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!