Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you have anxiety besides emetophobia?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no generalized anxiety.

3 13.04%
  • I have terrible generalized anxiety.

14 60.87%
  • I only have anxiety about emetophobia

6 26.09%

Just curious if any of you have emetophobia without having generalized anxiety.

I do really have bad anxiety about alot of things in life not just my phobia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To the people who voted they have no anxiety: Do you panic when you feel nauseous? If not, how do you get through it?

I only have anxiety when someone near me is vomitting, or feels as though they are going to vomit. Other than that, nada. I don't feel anxious when I feel sick- only when I am somewhere that I really CAN'T be sick- like on public transportation or while in front of my TA class.

When I feel nauseous myself I figure that if I'm going to be sick my stomach is clearing out stuff that it can't process/telling me something is wrong- and I will feel better afterwards.

*amber*

I didn't vote because my choice isn't up there. I do have some generalized anxiety, but it's not nearly as bad as emetophobia, and only happens sometimes.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i used to be exactly like crim, and I voted. I felt 100% fine unless I was with someone else who might be sick. And I only called real nausea nausea - meaning the feeling before you vomit - which is once every 20 years. So, yes, I would have been anxious then whenever it happened. But not all the time.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I'm diagnosed with both chronic generalised anxiety disorder and emetophobia. Life's fun [img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img]
    I traded my dreams for this mess of memories,
    And they just stopped working for me.