Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am 37 weeks and 1day pregnant and have been about 2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced for 2 weeks now. I also had lunch with a co-worker whose daughter was sick with v* and then she got sick that night with v* which was on Tuesday. Wednesday my husband was complaining of stomach cramps most of the day but never had v* or d*. So here's my deal - I have been pretty constipated or should I say have had hard bowel movements for several months - 2 days ago my stools started to soften and now today I have had several VERY loose stools and my stomach is a little irriated. Diarrhea is a sign of the onset of labor and it's also a symptom of sv*s......so now I don't know what to think. I'm hoping and praying that I'm not getting an sv* and that it's just my body clearing out and getting ready for labor. Any ideas?? Suggestions??? Anyone who has had children??? I don't really feel n* or sick, but my stomach is a little irritated - no cramps or anything though. This is making me panic now because an sv* at this point would be horrible and it is going around in my area pretty bad! Thoughts anyone??

I never had loose stools with labor, but my water broke and then had to
    be induced because I never dialated or effaced, so I can't help much. But I
    would just take it easy and try not to panic.

It very well could be just the pregnancy. Since you are due, its possibleyour body is just preparing itself. It also could be that your intestines are trying to get back to normal after months of hard stools. If you aren't sure, you could always call your doctor to see if you are dialated any more. Good luck, I hope all goes well with you.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I've read in several different places that diarrhea is a sign that labor is coming . . . . so that's why I'm so unsure about it. And some of my co-workers said they had some loose stools a few days before they went into labor. I'm so worried though that it's an sv* because I just could not handle that right now. I guess I could handle having d*, but v* I could NOT handle at all! I'm starting to panic and I'm not sure if that's what is now making me feel sick or if I really am getting sick!

I went through that from 37 weeks on until I was induced at 41 weeks with my last pregnancy. I've had Crohn's disease since I was 18, so I'm never too alarmed by d* and serious cramping. When I was in labor with my son, I just thought it was my Crohn's acting up again, as I wasn't due for another month. I'm used to it hurting. If my husband wouldn't have suggested that maybe it was labor, I would have sat there trying to go to the bathroom all night. I made it to the hospital at 7cm, and gave birth an hour later. I wouldn't be too worried about it. If you're concerned call your OB, they should be able to examine you to see if you're dialated. It is most likely just the early stages of labor or your body preparing for labor. I have no experience with SV's personally, as I've never had one that I know of. But I do believe they involve some pretty noticable cramping. If your husband didn't v*, I wouldn't worry about yourself. It could just be rotavirus, which causes v* and d* in kids, but only d* in adults. Make sure you're taking in enough fluid to stay hydrated too. If it is prelabor or labor, being hydrated helps move it along, and prevents any danger to you or the baby.

Katie

Thanks Katie!

I'm not worried about going into labor - I actually am hoping that's what this is because I just don't at all enjoy being pregnant, but with my emet I'm just worried about this being an sv*. I don't think I could handle it right now ontop of being pregnant. I don't have stomach cramps though which makes me think that maybe my body is just clearing itself out and preparing for the upcoming labor. I'd like to hear what anyone else has to say though and I'll keep everyone posted! I'm at work and trying to keep my mind on other things so that I don't panic.

With my 1st baby, I got diarrhea and the shakes on and off for about a week and a half before she was born (I was finally induced.) A nurse told me it was probably just my body gearing up. I wouldn't be surprised if that is what's going on with you.
    Good luck! And don't worry! BTW, in case you didn't know, diarrhea is normal post-partum, too. I got this with baby #2 and it alarmed me until I asked.

Thanks Daffodil. I also have noticed a change in my discharge in just the past 2 days and sometimes I wonder if I'm leaking amniotic fluid because it is more than usual and looks a little different. I guess I just have to be patient and take it as it comes.

I was just able to eat some soup for lunch and some french fries - if this was an sv* coming on I wouldn't really be up to eating anything, right? Besides that I would have stomach cramps, n*, and some other symptoms too????

aar13-

My discharge got thicker and then turned a little pinkish when labor started. I did have some loose stools for a couple days before. Your body is probably just getting ready for the baby to come. Is this your first?

I do think that if this was a sv...you would not feel like eating...i have always heard that d is a sign of labor beginning...so that's probably what this is...and then on top of it you are nervous....so you are making yourself feel sick that way. I don't think you would feel like eating at all if it were a sv...good luck to you dear with your baby.....everything will be fine.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Marby - This is my 2nd and with the first I didn't really have any signs at all. I was due on 5/31 and on 5/12 I told her father I had a feeling "it was coming" and I had her on 5/13. So I never really questioned any of my feelings and didn't look for signs or anything.

This time is different since I have had a thicker discharge for about a week or so now, my discharge changed to a more watery type yesterday along with some back pains and some loose bowels movements. I'm so anxious to get this over with and I am hoping that I go into labor soon - but some of my co-workers and some of the posts above all said that if they had d* it was for at least a few days prior to going into labor. We'll see what happens I guess.

Kate - thanks for the reassurance as well. I don't think it's an sv* just because my stomach doesn't hurt and it's not crampy like most people get with an sv*. And I'm not n* at all.Being able to eatalsomade me feel better about it. I just hope I don't regret eating later. LOL!I'm a little shakey from being anxious since I'm so worried about getting sick but other than that I'm staying calm. Thanks to all who have responded, it really does help.

I definitely had loose stools before my births, wow, how exciting, what if you're getting ready for labor?? YAY!!!!!!!

Also, I think if it was an SV*, ypu definitely wouldn't be eating french fries!!

Happy Laboring[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thanks Californiagirl - tell me this, was it still a week or so prior to your labor or was it more like a few days? Just wondering how soon I may go into labor, that's all.

Definitely, the month before I had Aidan last year (I had him at 38 weeks)I had so many loose/mushy poops every day that I got a dreaded hemorrhoid--how AWFUL is that?????????? I would not worry about it, just be excited to meet your baby!!

The same thing happened to me!! I was ten days overdue, and about 11pm, I started to feel very n*. Within the hour, I had bad d*. I'd have panicked, but I'd heard that this was the body's way of clearing out before labour begins. By 2am, I was having contractions. So don't worry!

By the way, if you feel like v*ing, please try to go with it. Hate to be graphic, but if you don't, you might poop on the delivery table![img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Donna - Thanks for the reply. Glad to know that this must just be my body preparing for the "Big" day. I can't wait for this to be over because I'm so uncomfortable and tired and ready to meet my little boy. And the anxiety of worrying about catching this damn sv* that's going around is making everything worse! UGH. I'm due on 5/11 and hoping to go sooner. I had my daughter at 37 1/2 weeks, but I know every pregnancy is different.

Dreamer - that's so funny. I'd actually much rather poop on the delivery table than vomit. When in labor with my daughter I was very n* and I started to panic thinking I was going to v* - luckily I didn't v* and I didn't poop on the table either. LOL - I asked if I did.

I am worried about both though and I really hope that neither happens. Hopefully my body will be REALLY cleared out since I've started to have loose bowel movements for the past 48 hours or so. I guess it's better than being constipated like I have been for the past 8 months.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I did catch a touch of the sv*. I am kind of weak now in the arms and legs and my stomach sort of hurts too. I am leaving work to go home and take some Unisom to try and relax. I don't really feel n* but I have heartburn and my stomach feels full of acid and I just don't feel good. Part of pregnany or sv*??? The anxiety is killing me! UGH! I just wish I could relax about this and feel better.

I havent read all of the other posts so excuse me if I repeat...

Changes in bowels is a sign of labor. Mine got like that with my last 2 pregnancies. I just felt icky.

Have you been around anyone sick?

madisonsmom - See that's why I'm just not sure if it's an sv* or signs of labor. My co-workers daughter was up Sunday after Easter in the middle of the night with v* and we went to lunch together on Monday. My co-worker was fine that day and showing no symptoms, but then she got sick in themiddle of the night on Monday. So now I'm scared that maybe I caught what her whole family ended up having. My bowels have been off for about 48 hours but it's not watery d* or anything, just very loose and more frequent than usual.

I'm not scared of going into labor, I'm just so scared of v*ing because of an sv*. I was able to eat and don't really feel too n* but now I'm weak and my stomach kind of hurts a little. But then again it could all just be pregnancy related too. UGH! I hate waiting. And I'm not going to eat dinner either - just some saltines and ginger ale in case. I just keep thinking that if I had an sv* and was going to v* I would have by now, but then I started to feel weak and yucky just a few hours ago.

Ive had 2 children and I dont recall having d*. Can you call your doctor and see if d* can hapen with the onset of labor? Kim

Ive read all your posts. If you bowels have been off for 48 hrs. and you're having heartburn, then I would think this is a strong possibility you are getting ready to go into labor. Did you have heartburn during your pregnancy at all? Also the low back pain too could be the early stages of labor, it definately was for me with my first child. Kim

With my son I made it to 39 wks and 4 days, my doc then induced because I kept having so many UTIs that it was causing me to go into labor. Plus I had an OB who is notorious for inducing Wed. nights so he can deliver all his babies on his Thursday shift. Don't ask me why, who knows....

I never had diarrhea, but I was consitpated the whole pregnancy. I even tried to go a couple hours after being induced so I wouldn't poop during the birth, but I was still constipated and ended up pooping while pushing. You say you have back pain...that's a definite sign of your body "practicing" contractions. And I can remember a change in my discharge as well as my due date neared and I thought the same thing, that it was amniotic fluid. I had heartburn the last 2 weeks of the pregnancy (they say that means your baby's got hair, mine did!). Have you been producing milk? I know that's a surefire way to tell if you're close. I also felt nauseous while in labor. I'd say you're almost there!!! Congrats!
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

In my opinion, you are going into another stage of labour. I have been reading the pregnancy books again, since I want to have another baby, and this TOTALLY sounds like labour to me.

I got a touch of loose bowels, and felt icky for about 2 days before it really started. I was 10 days early. So, 38 weeks 2 days.

Hope you are, keep in touch, if we don't hear from you soon, we know where you are!!!!!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Well, after taking some Mylanta when I got home from work and then some Unisom I finally was able to relax a bit and get some sleep. I spoke with my best friend who just had a baby in October and she swears that this all has to do with labor and she thinks the baby is coming REAL soon. Well, I finally got it into my head that it's not an sv* and that it's just my body getting ready and then my husband tells me that he has felt the same as me for the past few days as well. (loose bowels, bit of a belly ache off and on, and tired/weak) So now I'm thinking that maybe he and I both had/have a touch of an sv* or something.Who knows. I guess I just have to chill out and be patient!

Men physiologically change as well as women to prepare for the birth of a child. So, it could be hubby getting "ready" too! I watched an amazing thing on Dicovery Health called "The Pregnant Man" and it was so cool to learn all the things that change within the mans body as his significant other is going through changes of her own.

Hey, maybe it is a touch of a flu. Maybe not. I think baby is coming very soon!!!! Good luck!

Crystal [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Thanks for being so optomistic about things Crystal. I am actually at work today and I feel some cramping and some small contractions on and off so maybe it's coming soon!!!! I'm trying to stay calm and positive since I'm not feeling sick today and hoping that maybe this is all signs that the end is near!!! I had one loose bowel movement today so hopefully going so much in the past 3 days will help so that I don't poop on the table. LOL! I'll keep everyone posted!

Even *If* it was a SV enough time has passed now that you more than likely will not V* and if it's not a SV, well thats just exciting because the lil one is on it's way! Good luck honey
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Thanks hippychick. I'm pretty sure that this is not an sv* since I have now been to the bathroom twice today and it's not at all diarrhea, just loose. I have no stomach cramping at all and don't feel n* either (knock on wood) which makes me feel better that it's not an sv*. And if it is an sv* I just have to thank god that I did not v* and hope that it's almost over!

Loose bowels are a sign of impending labor. Doesnt necessarily mean today or tomorrow. I have read sometimes (not everyone has this symptom) this is natures way of cleaning you out before your labor and delivery. I dont think its a virus.

How are you doing today?