Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OK, so I keep reading on this site that sv is hard to get as long as you practice good hygeine, so what is up with all of these outbreaks of norovirus? Is it just poor hygeine, people not washing their hands, sick people preparing food? I don't get it.
    ALso, can you catch sv from a toilet seat?

Hey my biologist son-in-law is still here helping me answer the biological questions today. Yes, it's totally about poor hygeine. If everyone practiced good hygeine, it would not transmit from person to person.

If you touch a toilet seat, then lick your hands, or pick your nose or wipe your eye then you could catch it. If you only sit on the toilet seat the worst that could happen is that some of the bacteria would get on your ass. If you don't touch your ass then lick your hand, you're fine. If you take off your laundry at night and there are still microscopic bacteria particles on your underwear, there aren't enough of them to make you sick.

But if YOU practice good hygeine like wiping off the toilet seat before you sit down, washing hands afterward, you can't possibly catch anything.

That's what Alvin says!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Sage! Thanks Alvin! Now I just have to convince my hubby to wash his hands more. He hardly ever washes his hands before eating, and it grosses me out. He thinks that his system is stronger because he is not paranoid (like me) and allows himself to be exposed. Ugh. The thing is, he hardly ever gets sick, so maybe there's something to that, but I'm not gonna stop washing like a fiend!

I must say that this thread puts my mind at ease.

It's helpful to know that all I have to do to prevent myself from getting sick is make sure I have good hygeine.

Yup - and I wouldn't worry about your husband much. The thing is, we can't control the behavior of others...in any way at all. But we can control our own behavior in relation to them. He also might be right about the immune system. Those people who keep their kids isolated and squeaky-clean end up with pretty sickly kids (no immune systems!)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.