Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

To some people here I know that eating isn't a big deal, but for me it is. Earlierinstead of my usual p.b. sandwich and potato chip meal I grabbed the salsa out of the fridge and some tortilla chips and chowed down. I haven't had salsa in years. For some reason I was brave for an instant....and then it was gone. Now I am scared, wishing I hadn't eaten. That's why I titled this post 'triumph and pitfall'.

I know that someday I'm not just going to wake up without this fear. I know I have to work at it,but I hate how such small steps are so difficult.

You know what? You are probably anxious now, but as today and tomorrow pass and you are not sick, definitely view it as a triumph. All this new food may seem scary from the get-go, but after you eat more of it and aren't sick, it will make you braver.

Don't be down on yourself! You should be proud....it's only a little thing, but these little things add up.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Amber!

I really understand how eating is a big deal. Congrats on your step! I get so proud of myself too when I venture away from my "safe foods". I am the spokes woman for the PB&J diet!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I also have food issues from time to time. I am just getting out of a horrible slump. This may sound corny, but when I eat something healthy, I just try to imagine my body absorbing all the much needed nutrients. I also eat very slowly and try to distract myself while eating. These two things have helped me quite a bit to maintain a normal diet and not one consisting only of chips, crackers, cookies, etc. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]