Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello guyz,lately my stomach hasn't been too good and i had to go the hospital last nite coz it was so bad it wouldn't let me sleep, i thought it was my gallbladder or pancreas or something. At the hospital about 3 hours ago, theymade me drink this really thick nasty tasting white stuff to numb the pain in my stomach and the moment i drank it, my throat went numb and i couldn't swallow anymore, got nauseous and threw up a lil bit, i kept most of the stuff down but i did get sick a lil bit. It wasn't that bad actually! And i did it all by myself. I just accepted the fact that i was about to get sick when i started retching, so I just got it over with! Nausea and difficulty swallowing are worse than vomiting! If you're nauseous, it's better to get sick than to keep feeling that way, i couldn't endure a minute of that feeling. I feel good now, since my stomach is so weak nowand i learned that i have a stomach ulcer, i may be getting sick again and i won't panic if i do. I'll be on medication tho, i should get better. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I just wanna encourage you guyz to realizethat if everfor any reason you feel nauseous, throwing up actually makes you feel way better! Of course im not over my phobia lol,coz i'm still gonna obsess with food safety, now that i have an ulcer, i can't eat greasy or acidic foods at leastfora month. I dont' wanna throw up but if i have to, i would![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Don't panic if you feel really sick and feel like doing the dreaded thing. I'm severely phobic and I got thru it so you guyz can too. But I know some emets hate the vomiting way more than the nausea, but when you're severely nauseous, it happens involuntarily, and you just have to accept it and believe that you'll be ok.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I love posts like this - thank you so much for sharing your experience. It helps us all see the reality that vomiting is not as bad as we make it out to be.

You were really brave to get through it - right now I'm amazed, and your handling it so positively! congrats!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Good for you!!! I hope your ulcer improves soon and it sounds as if your emet already has!!!
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

What an inspiring story....i had to drink that nasty white stuff not long ago also, and i could have sworn i was gonna hurl too...i was the most nasty thing i have ever put in my mouth and i was gagging the whole time, but never v from it.....so i know what you went through...and congrats on being so brave....
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Wow, you are handling it so well, good for yoU! I hope that the doctors get a handle on what is causing your pain!!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I haven't got sick again, tho my stomach still hurts, especially when i'm sitting still.It will get better within a few days.

I've had to drink that stuff too for a test...they made me drink A LOT of it but it got to the point where I thought I was going to be sick so I had them stop the tests. They wanted me to eat something too with some of the stuff on it but I knew that if I ate ANYTHING I would totally lose it so I said no and ended the test. But I'm proud of you! At least you didn't freak out or anything!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

That is GREAT! So glad that you handled it so well, and that you found the answer to your tummy problem, so they can help you with it!

I totally know what you mean about v*ing being easier than being n* or dry-heaving. I agree completely, yet I still fear it [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] great huh??

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I can honestly say you are stronger than me! I think i would still be filled with total anxiety, but i'm in hopes someday i canbe able to handle it the same way you did! Be VERY proud of yourself. [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

I had that stuff in emergency at the hospital, my ulcer was acting up so they gave me this liquid to drink the nurses called it Pink Lady, I took it and my tongue went numb and my throat, freaked me out. Took the pain away for awhile, I would take it again. Hope you feel better soon.Edited by: ontariogirl

Thank you guyz, I've been feeling a bit better now since i took my medication and fell asleep. I had the choice to panic really bad, i panic so much when i see or hear someone being sick, and i could have done that. That was the first thought that came to me and i just got shocked and looked at the nurse. Then I thought I had another choice, which was acceptance. As an emet, b4 this experience, I used to shiver at the thought of having a digestive disorder andnever really thought i'd ever haveanything wrong in my stomach till i'm maybe really old or it would never happen to me cozfate shouldn'tbe that harsh to me[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]But the reality here is that I have adigestive illnessand I just gotta accept it and do everything i can to heal itinstead of worrying and being depressed and scared.When you're sick, just think of how you feel when you're healthy and look forward to feeling healthy again.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thank you so much for sharing your news, it's great to hear that you got through it and feel so positive about it all. You are so right when you say its about acceptance - I really want to get there, because once we v* we do start to feel better.

Thanks!

Well done for not panicking! And this really helps me right now, because I've been feeling really sick for a few days and I'm pretty sure the inevitable could happen tonight. I hope I handle it as well as you did!
    <font size=\"3\"><center> Help put us emets on the map-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </font></center>