Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Sage,

On the treatments thread, you have links for EMDR. Did you try this approach? Do you really think it might help?

Halfoverthefur

hi half,

yes - EMDR was a good addition to my treatment program - I really liked it.I don't use it with my clients, and don't intend on training with it any time soon, though. There are other ways to get at the emotions linked to our early experience.

EMDR is great so long as the practitioner doesn't claim it will work like some sort of magic. It does speed up the process a LOT though. Which helps on limited budgets.

If you go to my story "CURED OF EMETOPHOBIA" on the Experiences thread, you can read about my experience with it.

Several others on here who've done EMDR may like to add their comments.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.