Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, so I'm used to containing "messes" when they happen, but I've never had to deal with it when it's my couch. My 2 year old daughter woke up sick this morning, and it's not so easy to get her to use a bucket. I've already used the carpet cleaner on the couch and sprayed lysol. Just wondering if anyone has anymore tips for keeping everyone in the house safe just in case she's contagious. Is it safe to use a small amount of bleach in my carpet cleaner with the solution or with water? I don't really care if my couch gets discolored. I'm used to getting yelled at by my husband for throwing away money because I always throw things out that have been contaminated. I can't very easily throw the $3000 couch away without anyone noticing. Any tips on how to make it safe would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Katie

I think there's stuff you can get (spray disinfectant) that will kill
    all the germs on the couch. If it's on a cushion then maybe
    spray it down and turn the cushion over?

Good luck!!

<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

there's no need to ruin your couch. Any good cleaner (even mild soap and water) will remove the bacteria from the couch. Use a deoderizer so it doesn't smell. But never put bleach on fabric- it really will ruin it, and you're not any safer.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

try using baking soda...pour it on there, and then vaccum it off tomorrow. Put a sheet on the furniture or a blanket to prevent any other problems!!