Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My doc gave me reglan for anti nausea and I was wondering if it worked for anyone here and does it make you sleepy at all?

Hey.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] i was given reglan, it helps moving your food faster through your stomach, i took it for a while and i found it took 30 mins to an hour to kick in, it made me feel a little tired and it gave me a bit of a headache. Um me personally i didn't take well to it and had a few side effects, but that was because i had to take it everyday, untill i got given an overdose in hospital (stupid hospital lol) so i had to stop taking that medication, but i found it helped as it stopped me v* when i really knew i was going to v* i took some and when i tried to v* because i had to much acid in my stomach, i couldn't because i think the med had kicked in, so yeah i found it stopped me v* and feeling n* but it takes around an hour to work.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hi

i used to take it on a regular basis andit did help although cos my nausea was anxiety based it made me hungry cos it empties your stomach i still take it sometimes along with cyclizine

lyndsayanne

I have seen some people take reglan for extended periods of time, but I read that it is not intended for use longer than 12 weeks, typically. Can someone comment on this?

Yeah i think thats due to it causes side effects after a while? thats what i got, i felt restless, couldn't sleep and my eyes kept rolling back, but having to much causes horrible side effects, i spent a whole night in hospital having convulsions and sezuires (not sure how ya spell that lol) with it, so i think its something you have to be carefull about taking and that you don't take to much.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I only take it when I am feeling nervous and have to eat (like at a family dinner or something). It defintely moves the food through faster, so you don't have that "lump" feeling in your stomach. I think if taken sparingly, only when you really need it, you shouldn't have any problems with it.

I take it for my breastmilk supply, I did take it when I had a sv in Jan. and it made my stomach feel soooo much better, I don't know if I would have v'ed without it or not, but it made me feel better!

I am thinking of asking my doctor for an antiemetic, for occasional use, just when I am REALLY nervous, and I may request this one, since it is used in breastfeeding women anyway. (I am nursing.) I don't want to take something that could harm my baby, but it would be nice to have something on hand.

Thanks all. To use sparingly is why I asked for it. My doc even told me that she will not give it to me for a long period of time. I just need it for special occasions. She also gave me Xanax and man that thing just puts me to sleep. I took 25mg and it seems that was too much so I think I'm going to cut it in half and see how it works. That will work for restless nights but I need it to get me through anxious days and a wedding in two weeks.