Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have another post about my issue in the general discussion section but I just had a quick question about other people's experiences with an sv*. When you have d* caused by some sort of sv* or food poisening do most people have a stomach ache or stomach cramps during the time???? And how long does the d* normally last??

I have not had d* in a VERY long time so I'm unsure about.....but it seems as though people I've talked to always get bad stomach pains/cramps and feel n* and crappy when they have an sv*.

I've had d* (not bad) for the past 3 days or so and just trying to figure out if I have an sv* or am just preparing for labor since I'm due soon. I haven't really felt n* or sick and no stomach aches so I'm just wondering because I'm so worried that it is an sv* and I'm going to v*.

I really think you would have v* by now. Honestly.

If you otherwise feel ok then you'll be fine. I personally believe your body is gearing up for labor.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

You arent becoming dehydrated are you? Are you still about to eat and drink enough??

madisonsmom - I was eating fine the entire time until today. I had breakfast and lunch this morning, but since lunch I haven't had anything to eat except for some saltine crackers. I'm just not real hungry for some reason. I don't feel n* or anything. I've been trying to drink lots of water so that I don't get dehydrated. I'm a little scared though as I've had5 or 6very loose bowels movements today which is the most that I've had even in the past few days. UGH! I'm just so scared that I'm going to v* and I can't calm myself down.

When I get a sv* I only get the stomach cramps...where your belly tightens up tight and then lets go. Very rarely do I v* or have d*. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!! I still think your going into labor!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I don't know....I really want to believe that it's just a sign that my baby is coming, but then my husband pretty much had the same symptoms this week too. He was back to normal yesterday, which I never knew he was having loose bowels until then. I have been better today, I only went twice and it wasn't much either. But now my daughter came home from the weekend at her dad's and she complained a bit that her belly hurts. She ate dinner and says she feels fine now, but of course I'm in a panic because I don't think I can handle being up tonight with her having v* or d* or worse yet- both!

I once had a sv* that caused a lot of d* but my stomach didn't hurt at
    all.....I just kept feeling like I had to "go" and then it would be
    d*....lasted about 3 days.<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

Its hard to say. You are so close to labor that you could be affected. It could also be a touch of a sv, of which you are now recovering.

Stella

aar,

it could be possible that you picked up a bit of your husband's bacteria from his virus BUT you will not vomit now. (Emets don't vomit from sv's anyway) Your anxiety is probably what is keeping the diarrhea going at this point. You seem so very anxious, and what with being so pregnant it exacerbates it, I'm sure.

Please try to calm yourself, soothe yourself or relax any way you can. Honestly, you'd have vomited by now if you were going to.

The other possibility is that there is something else with your diarrhea, and I would suggest that you call your doctor and ask to rule out anything that people here on the internet can't think of!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.