Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: worried

My 11 mo old is acting a little funny today, and of course I'm freaking about it. She is quieter than usual, and seems tired. She has also been making some funny faces, which could be poop faces. I'm just scared she might be coming down with something. She is eating, and nursing, and I can still get her to smile. Should I worry?
    She is toddling around with a cracker right now, and smiling. I'm probably just being a freak.

You are definitely not a freak! Repeat that three times: I am not a freak! I am not a freak! I am not a freak![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I worry about the exact same thing all of the time. I have three kids...5,3 and 16 months old. Since my two boys can talk I start worrying like crazy everytime they tell me their tummy hurts. I also start questioning them if they're acting a little off. I know it's harder with the little ones since they can't talk. They're are alot of reasons that she may be acting the way she is. One of them is that there's nothing wrong at all and you're just being hyper-sensitive to little changes in her that don't mean anything. Don't worry. I know it's easier said than done, but I'm here for you, as are alot of other emet-mommies!

Thanks, Sherbear. I think she might be constipated. She just had her 2nd poop of the day, and it was small, and more solid than usual. (Hers are usually pretty soft, as she still nurses a lot.) Sorry if that's TMI.

your child could be teething...

It's funny that you should mention that, 6pksummer, because I just looked in her mouth this afternoon, and her 8th tooth is just emerging from the gum.

If you're nursing, then don't forget she's getting a lot of protection from you! As for the teething, my two always used to act a little "off" whenever a tooth was about to pop. Hope she's ok now.

I hope your little girl is alright now. It could very well be teething which has made her feel under the weather. My son suffered with every single tooth and I used to worry every time that he was comming down with something. I hope your little girl is o.k.