Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I realized that my family bought 2 packs of bottled water with expiration date of 04/2006. They didn't look at the expiration date, but i assumed it was gonna expire at least a year from now but i suddenly looked and it was this month. Can stores sell water bottles that are this close to expiring? Could it have been a mistake? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

As an avid date-checker, I have seen all kinds of stuff on store shelves that is very close to the date, including dairy and meat products. Gross, but true. I'm not sure what the deal is with bottled water, if it really goes "bad" or if they just have to put a date on it for whatever reason. You could probably take it back and exchange it.

Dont' worry about water expiring. It will prob. be good forever in plastic bottles. One of the bottling companies decided one day to start putting exp dates on their soda and everyone else in the beverage business copied it.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

water doesn't go bad -water has been here as long as the earth has.. hehe.

It might start to taste a bit stale after being bottled up for so long - thats all.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Yeah water won't go bad. The expiration dates are just for the purpose of selling water that tastes most fresh. Stores aren't supposed to sell them so you could probably take them in and have them exchanged if you want to. They probably just left them on shelves by mistake because well there are a lot of other things that they have to worry about changing out before it's expired. Things that actually do go bad such as meat or dairy.

Edited by: chicajojobe

Water doesn't go bad...the dates are because the plastic breaks
    down, and starts going into the water...which isn't good. But water
    doesn't expire its the plastic bottle that does.
    I love Sam

Ruby, the plastic will probably last forever. We don't even know for sure what the half life of plastic is. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see