Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am starting to feel pretty crummy. When I came home from work I ate a big dinner because I was starving all day, but now my stomach hurts. I feel crampy and just over all yucky. My back is hurting too, which I guess could just be a wonderful side effect of pregnancy, but I always link it to sv because the last time I had one I had a really bad back ache too. I am so worried about catching my coworker's sv that I am probably just freaking myself out. Because she keeps trying to work then going home sick everyday this week, I am not really sure when to start my countdown. I feel like even if I avoided exposure yesterday, maybe I didn't today. I have tried to be good about washing my hands, but I know there have been times I have touched my face without washing them because I have a habit of resting my face on my hand. I really hate sv season! I hope I am not getting it! Maybe going back on bedrest would be a good way to avoid all the sick people.

I feel like I am whining. I just can't shake this feeling this time. I feel like I am doomed to get sick and now that I am feeling bad I don't know if I am getting sick or if it is just anxiety.

I'm sorry you feel so stressed. And being pregnant, you shouldn't have to deal with this all the time.
    When I was pg (both times) my back hurt a lot,at different times, in different ways. Is this your first? Pregnancy can make your tummy feel wierd (which you know) so it's probably just that.

It's probably the pregnancy and the anxiety = brutal combination. How pregnant are you?

Sorry you are feeling so bad. It must be worrying with everything which is happening at your work .Iexpect the backache and your stomach hurting are signs of pregnancy.I hope you soon feel better.

Are you feeling any better now?

My back still hurts and I have gone to the bathroom 3 times now in the last hour or two (not d* though). I don't feel quite as crampy except right when I need to go. It is probably just pregnancy/anxiety but I am so scared of getting this sv! I can't believe I am acting this way. I have been so good about it all winter - why am I starting now? THere have been a few other people this winter at work that have had sv or fp (a few weeks ago being hte most recent) and although I did think about it somewhat, it didn't consume me and I didn't really worry about getting it. I hate when I am like this!

daffodil - yes, this is my first pregnancy. It has been pretty easy so far - no morning sickness and overall pretty comfortable. I am in my third trimester now, though, so maybe I am just getting so big I am uncomfortable.

roisme - I am 28 weeks pregnant. Only 12 more weeks to go. Yay! Even though it hasn't been that bad, I am so ready to get my body back and to meet my little girl. I am also ready to get away from work for a while! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

your body does so many crazy things when you are pregnant. Try to relax...anxiety has set in and that is probably why you are having d*. I would not worry it is probably not an sv*....get some rest,we are here if you need us

I'm still hanging in here - back at work. The girl that has been sick doesn't usually come in for another hour or so, so I will see what happens. I was just talking to another coworker who said that she felt really gross when she got up this morning and was thinking she caught the bug, but then it went away. I hope it doesn't come back! Hopefully it won't spread to anyone else in the office so I won't have to worry even longer. I'm still going to avoid the restrooms and be extra careful with hand washing, etc. I can't wait for the weekend!

Sorry you feel bad. I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

She's here today. I just had to go into her office and give her a fax. She looks much better and said she is feeling better, but not 100%. She just had v*, but her husband had v* and d*. She is leaning toward thinking it was a sv since it has lasted so long. I really hope she doesn't spread it through the office!

Sometimes pregnancy makes your bowels a little sluggish-you may have been a little" backed up". (sorry to be gross) I'm sure your co-worker won't spread it. Mabey you could sneak some LYSOL into the ladies room and spray the toilets every now and again just in case.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I feel really bad now. I ended up working about an hour and a half late and never got a lunch. It was a really long, stressful day. I just got home a few minutes ago and my stomach does not feel good. I had some soup at about 2:30 because that was all I had at my desk and I didn't have time to go get anything else. That was about 3 hours ago, so I don't really feel hungry yet, just yucky. I need to go back to our old house and clean up a few things before our closing on Friday and I won't have time to do it tomorrow. I am making myself feel worse because I am worrying about getting sick on top of already feeling bad. I hope I'm not getting a sv!

Is she showing symptoms like v* or d* at work? If not you will be fine.

I am having a lot of back discomfort too. And as far as using the bathroom (#2) I go more frequently and I know its due to pregnancy!

I'm not sure if she had v* or d* at work. I know she made it home on Monday before she did, but she may have had some problems Tuesday. Today she said she felt better but still not 100%.

My back kills me anytime I sit up. I guess my posture is just really off. I feel like I fell apart as soon as I got into my third trimester. I felt fine and then all of a sudden I am so ready to be done being pregnant - and I know I have a long way to go still! I think I am even waddling already! I need to go by new shoes because my feet are killing me. I wish I could just wear my slippers to work! THe swelling has started just in the last couple of days. I almost wish I was back on bedrest now. It is getting harder and harder to be comfortable at work for 8 hours a day.