Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, it's been a while since I've had an emet moment but I surely had one over the weekend.

I just bought a Pomeranian puppy who is 10 weeks old. She's really cute and sweet, but I have never had a puppy before. So, I really didn't realize how sensitive they are. I have 2 indoor cats and they occasionally *v* but it usually isn't that bad. So, I pick up my Pom, Daisy, on Friday night to bring her home. Fortunately I had her in a carrier. The drive wasn't that long--maybe 15 minutes--but I had to stop at the store and get her some food. I knew when I got back in the car that she was salivating quite a bit. Sure enough, about 5 miles from home she *v*. She did it again before we got home.

This may sound crazy, but I had a breakdown! I didn't want to get her out of the carrier but I knew I had to clean her up. My husband was at work and I called him practically hysterical. He thought it was hilarious! But, he talked me through it and I was about to get the puppy out and clean her up. Thankfully, he cleaned out her carrier when he got home.

We took her on a little trip today about an hour and a half long and she did fine, so hopefully it was just a one-time sort of thing. I got this dog so that we could take her with us on some of our trips, but it would just be my luck to get a dog that was easily car sick!

Jess

Hi Jess...i have 3 dogs at home. You will notice that dog v* doesn't smell like human nor is it contagious to people. So that makes me feel a bit better when my dogs v*. The d* on the other hand is smelly...but its not contagious, so to me, that makes it better. Your puppy could've gotten car sick or it could've been his nerves. Im not sure how big pomeranians can get, but I have a lab and a toy poodle in the house...my toy v* nearly every day. If he doesn't eat in the moring right away he v* up his bile. So, if you notice that, keep the puppy in his cage after he is let out in the morning, and lock him in his cage with his food. Mine will eat then, but if he is out and about, he wants to play...and wont eat then v*. Let me know how things go!

Well, it's just a puppy. They vomit easily, especially in cars. That wears off when they get older.

I agree, she was probably carsick. I would take doggy barf over people barf any day!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Hopefully future car rides with her are v* free!! Good luck!Edited by: donna1216

Here's a funny (i.e. strange) thing: my last 3 dogs have been carsick. Like, all the time carsick. (My kids never were!). But with the last dog, a golden retriever who's 10 now, I finally had to take her out in the car every day for 2 weeks and clean up the barf (just spit, really cuz I wouldn't feed her first) until she got over it. I finally figured out it's anxiety in the dog that causes this (probably what happened with your puppy). And guess where she got that from? ME!!!!!!!

I swear, it's related. I haven't any proof of this, but I'm still sure as guns.

So.......here's the thing: MY DAUGHTER IS PICKING UP A NEW PUPPY ON THURSDAY (woohoo!!!!!!! - I love animals...we have 3 cats and will have 2 dogs) We're getting a German Shepherd, and she's so adorable. My daughter and her fiance(Alvin the microbiology-geek) wanted a dog together, plus my daughter will be moving across the country in a couple of years on an internship, so she wants a dog for protection, companionship, etc.

I may act like a grandma to this dog...lol. Things like spoiling it, then handing it back to my daughter...undermining her authority, etc. ha ha ha [hey puppy...mom's not home...wanna eat scraps from the table?]

Anyway, as for your Chow puppy....take him in the car a lot and it will help you both. 1) you'll get over worrying about the dog barfing 2) he'll get over you worrying about him barfing.

Good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awww bless her heart I bet she was sick because she was nervous. From my experience of puppies they may do it a couple of times when they are very young and nervous, but most dogs will grow out of it. Our dog was car sick twice when he was very young and has never done it again since.

Could you post a pic of her cosI bet she'sadorable [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Well, I have taken her twice in the car since and she has done fine. So, hopefully she was just anxious. She is driving me crazy now though. She is so hyper and excited! I have 2 indoor cats and they are so mellow and quiet. It is very different having a puppy!

Jess

Oh Jess...that's the kind of dog i want too....they are soo cute....let me know how it goes...puppies do that all the time...it's nasty but that's just what dogs do.....i know you are going to love your new puppy...good luck and just keep putting her in the car with you to get her used to riding...it will all work out...take care, Kate
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

just 12 more hours til we pick up our new puppy!

Her name's "Micah" I'll try to get some pics
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.