Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: deal with god

If you could make a deal with God (or your higher power of choice) that you vould never v* ever again, but you could never eat or drink again, would you? This is assuming you would be perfectly healthy not eating or drinking.

No, because vomitting itself is not the problem, and all the anxiety that gets channelled into this phobia would likely be channelled into another fear, so it really wouldn't be the solution. It would likely be more of a deal with the devil as opposed to god, as you wouldn't necessarily know what you would be getting yourself into.

Besides- I get immense pleasure from food and drink- the different textures and spices.....I could easily be 300 lbs if I don't watch myself because I love food so much!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A BIG YES TO THIS QUESTION!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

No, don't think I would, I love my food too much. And a deal like that wouldn't take away my fear of others v*ing.

Yes, without a second thought. I would do anything not to have to v* again, or live with the fear. M x

If it were all that simple, hell yes....
    \"This too shall pass\"

I'd gladly give up food. It makes me feel like crap half the time anyways.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I would give up food only if it meant that I would never get n* as well. It's a nice dream...
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Nope - could NEVER give up chocolate!

It is interesting to hear your responses, and the reasons for them. Some of us would still have problems because of other's being ill. As for me, if I took the deal, which I don't know if I would or not, it would basically cure me, because I mostly fear myself v*, and only fear others in terms of them being contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

No, because vomitting itself is not the problem, and all the anxiety that gets channelled into this phobia would likely be channelled into another fear, so it really wouldn't be the solution. It would likely be more of a deal with the devil as opposed to god, as you wouldn't necessarily know what you would be getting yourself into.

Besides- I get immense pleasure from food and drink- the different textures and spices.....I could easily be 300 lbs if I don't watch myself because I love food so much!

*amber*

I don't know if I could do that...LoL I love my food I mean it makes me worry when I eat and everything else but I don't know how I could go without eating Chinese food once a week or getting a slop burger at McDonalds. I really don't know what I would choose.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

No way I love food way too much! I am careful what I eat/where I eatand that its cooked properly, but I could never give it up! Its usually my comfort.

I also fear others v'ing.. more than myself I think so it wouldn't help me. For me its all about the sound - others hearing me or me hearing others - its an awful sound! I stood and watched my boyfriends friend V* after downing a drink in a bar - and because the music was so loud I couldnt hear anything, so I stood rubbing his back and then told the barman not to worry, I would clean it.

It would be nice though if someone would offer us a deal where we sacrifice one thing in our lives in order to be free of this fear. My friends have fears and I would still rather have their phobia's than ours..[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Yes, definatly. My fear is of me or any one V*, but first me. It is not a fear of control or anything like some say, itIS a fear of V* (every aspect of it is worse to me then anything). If I knew for sure I would never v* again, ever...well it'd be a dream come true Edited by: lucinda

YES I WOULD GIVE UP ANYTHING to stop me from v*. i have always said if there was something that i could ask god to take away and never happen again, i would ask him to get rid of v*

A.fretwell

Nope! I could never give up cheese! I actually sometimes have dreams about it and a lot of times it's the first thing I think about in the morning. I have a slice of Kraft american cheese for breakfast everyday! Pathetic huh?
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I completely agree with crimgoddess. Exactly what she said!

And, btw, would you give up sex, those of you who said you would give up ANYTHING???

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Hmm...I'm not sure. I'm struggling to say "YES!" but then on the other hand, I love cookies...argh, such a hard decision. =S
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

For years i had terrible panic constantly about v*ing.......then in January I got a stomach virus for the first time in 11 years. I have probably only had 4 or 5 panic episodes since January (which is an amazing improvement), but not having the fear of v*ing to put your panic on doesn't make the anxiety go away. The v*ing isn't the source of the panic--it is just the thing our panic has attached to, in my opinion.

i would say, almost positively, that if we were all guaranteed we would never v* again, (although that would be great) a substantial number of us would still have anxiety and depression issues. i would go ahead and venture that almost all of us would.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

food yes, sex no...

it seems so many people here have kinda already given up food, no?

\"This too shall pass\"

No way i've not given up on food - although I wish sometimes I could cut down on it - especially the bad stuff like chocolate, bread, cookies and cakes etc!

I would give up fast food and EVEN Indian. Definately. I already have to a certain extent. too many E numbers and MSG. Bad stuff !! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Yes, because I would be v* free and skinny too!! WOOHOO[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

yes!!

I would give up food and/or sex. Unfortunately, I agree with everyone on here who says we'd just find other things to have anxiety/worry/panic about.

It may be true that we would find other things to angst about if the emet was no longer an issue, but the hardest thing about this for me is, that there is NOWHERE to go to get away from this phobia, since it is tied in with my own body, and eating, which is essential to stay alive.
    I don't mean to downplay other phobias, as I'm sure they can be debilitating too, but I often wish if I have to have a phobia, why can't it be something I can avoid, at least some of the time. I can never get away from my own body and it's functions.

I'd seriously think about it. sometimes I like eating, but for the most part I don't. it wastes time, it's boring, and makes me feel gross. I think I may go for it, if it meant I would never v* or feel n*. and I probably would give up sex too, but I've never had sex before and have a lot of concerns about what it would be like... so not having sex wouldn't be a huge sacrifice for me lol.