Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

if you were magically cured from this phobia tommorow, what it is the first thing you would do?

I would run around, and kiss all the babies that I saw ( not fearing baby germs anymore)!

** I have a reason for asking this
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

This phobia doesn't really impact my life that much, so I'd probably do exactly what I normally do. Except not yell atanyone in my family if they did something like happen to cough without covering their mouths or washing their hands. o and I may have fun just overeating on junk food... if I can't get sick from it, why not spend a day doing that haha...

I would kiss my kids without worry, and my husband! I would go run my errands when I wanted to, and not plan for the least crowded times (no more midnight grocery shopping!) I would enjoy eating!

i would....take a trip to Figi [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Wow! After I'd screamed and cried from the sheer joy, I'd stuff my face with food and make plans to travel the world (with the family obviously). And when I got back, I'd go back to my usual life and every day would be the happiest ever.

I would jump on the next plane to BuffaloNew York. I have never met my best friend.

I would sit beside my children when they were v* and rub there backs, like my dad used to do with me. I would love not to run away and shake!!!

Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

I would fly to Talladega, Watkins Glen, Darlington and Michigan to watch the Nascar races! Of course cheer on my Tony!
    Visit friends who live far away.

i would kiss my kids all the time, push carts without worry about getting sick...go to the doctor when I know something is wrong with me...TAKE A CRUISE!! Man, that would be the life!

I'd hug and kiss my kids everyday without giving it a second thought! I would enjoy every season and live life to the fullest!
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I would still be cautious because no one likes to get sick, but I would be there more for my hubby when he gets his migraines.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I would go on a cruise ship. That's the one thing that the phobia prevents me from doing.

Wow! so much! I would go out with friends to a bar or club, not worry about what I eat or who come Iin contact with!

I would travel to places i've always wanted to go.. New York, Australia, Thailand etc,I would get a job - and maybe even a job working with children (ie social work etc). I would look after my boyfriend or friends when they are ill. Not run away from them and get irritable and ask a zillion questions constantly.

If only... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Babydoll: What was your reason for asking by the way? I'm curious now!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

well i would just sit down and relax, knowing that this horrbile thing could not run my life any more.i no i would be able to get on with life.

A.fretwell

I would take a trip down to the theme park by the seafront and ride "The Claw".

"** I have a reason for asking this "- Isthis going to be a likely scenario for you? If so then congratulations!
    <font size=\"3\"><center> Help put us emets on the map-
    </font></center>

i would finally go to a bar with my friends like a normal 18 year oldand drink and not have to worry![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I would do everything that I normally do without the anxiety and fear that comes along with it. It doesn't hold me back from doing anything right now, I just hate having the fear and anxiety that comes along with it...

I would care for my mom, dad or husband if they were sick. I would also go for a nursing degree.

wow there are so many things that we all want todo. personally, i would LOVE to go to India, Africa, or Monacco (or maybe all three! ) so that I do some excellent photography. that's my dream. well...im only 16 so i still have lots of time to plan, but it would be great if i didnt have to have this fear come along with me!

looking at everyones hopes and dreams is almost inspiring. Perhaps one day we will all be able to live our lives the way we wish we could. good luck to everyone!

-hayley xooxo
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

I would hop on a plane to England!!!!

--Kim

the reason I'm asking you all this is because, these goals are all obtainable!

I think that emets ( myself included) need a goal in mind other than beating the phobia. I think that we spend so much time avioding v'ing that we miss out on whats most important to us.

Think about how great it would be to hop on that plane, visit foreign countries, scream on a theme park ride, board a cruise ship, and kiss your kids goodnight. I KNOW you all can do these things, and it would be so exciting to meet that goal!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh