Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My hubby unit woke up this morning w/ another migraine and he got sick. When he woke up and told me that he had a headache, I just knew it was coming. I went outside for a few minutes to get some air. When I came back in he was in the bathroom. He said he was fine, he just had to go. Next thing I know, I hear it, it's the dreaded sound. So, instead of running out of the house, I covered my ears and stayed. When he was done he went to sleep on the couch. I showered and left to go to my mom's for the day since I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I spoke w/ him a few times and he got sick once more shortly after I left, but he seems ok. He had toast, gingerale and a burrito. I almost fell off the couch when he said the burrito part. I guess that means he is ok. I asked him if he thinks he has a fever and he said no, so I guess this is just his usual migraine.

He got this a little over a month ago where he was v* for most of the day. I of course, ran to my mom's to stay over for several days. So, I'm proud of myself for not running away, but I'm still a little nervous, what if it is a sv that he has. I know, he probably doesn't, but it's hard for me get over it. Anyway, thanks for listening everyone...
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I just got off the phone with him. He says he has a mild headache still, I think he's gonna get sick again. I hate this. I feel bad for him, but I wish I could get over this sv fear. I hate to chicken out again and stay with my mom again, I feel so badly. And my mom didn't help much the last time.She couldn't understand how I could just up and leave him like that. She understands my fear, she just doesn't get why I can't logically stop the fear. Anyone around??
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I know this is worrying but try and relax. If it was a sv it's unlikely that he would have been able to even think of a burrito. Also, if he has a headache and is a migraine sufferer then this is likely to be the cause.

I know how scary it is and I know how tempting it is to run away. No-one would think badly of you if you did stay away but if you could find it in yourself to stay, even in a different room, then this would be a major step in your battle with this. I have always dreaded my kids being ill but now I'm on my own with them, I have to deal with it (I used to lock myself away!). And you know, I don't worry about it any where near as much because I know I can cope, I hate it, but I can do it. If you stick this out then should it happen again, you know that you can get through it.

Good luck though, whatever you decide.

Has your hubby ever been to the doctors about his migraines..?

I have a tablet to take now as soon as i feel a migraine coming on and it stops the nausea etc., You are only allowed to take 2 tablets in 24 hours, but it does the trick.

Just wondering, poor man is suffering. I know how bad a migraine can be.

Thanks for the replies guys. I did end up coming home to him. He had a mild headache on and off for the rest of the day, but he didn't get sick again. I'm trying to convince him to go to the doctor, but he is a man, and he wont go. I've told him about the amazing pills they have to stop the migraine and yet, he is scared to go. Men, lol...

Thanks again all...
    <a href=\"

Trixie,

I too suffer from migraine headaches (weather related). I have taken several different prescription medications without success.

What are you taking (the miracle pills)? I have taken Imitrex (both oral and injection, midrin, maxalt, and zomig (I also have fiorcette for mild headaches).

Thanks,

Kelly

Good job Babygap for staying and not running...it's the small steps that will help us get stronger!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

My ex-husband used to get migraines, so I know what it is like! Sorry he (and you) has to suffer with these.

I actually think that his headaches have been caused by food that contains MSG. I was reading all the food lables in my house and I threw out a ton of food that had MSG in it. I think he might have a sensitivty to it. Do any of you guys have this issue w/ the MSG?
    <a href=\"

I TOTALLY have that problem with MSG! I get SUCH BAD MIGRAINES if I eat it! I didn't figure that out until YEARS later though LoL. So I stay away from MSG...that could be his problem, you never know. But good for you for staying instead of running away! You did a good job!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yes, I think i do too...i get headaches alot....and i have bad allergies anyway and take 4 allergy shots a week.....so i am allegic to alot of things....and msg i do believe is one of them.....alot of people are allergic to that. But sad to say it's in so many things now a days.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I went to gobuy potato chips over the weekend and just about every "flavored" chip, like sour cream and onion had it!!! I was shocked. Needless to say, I was in the chip isle for a long time reading all the labels.
    <a href=\"

Babygap,

I get the MSG migraines and the best way to avoid it is to buy "reduced fat/sodium" stuff. MSG is a salt derivitive, so when you go lower sodium, you can eliminate the MSG. But also remember, yeast extract and sodium nitrate are forms of MSG. You can find all of the "names" for MSG if you google it. You can also find out other triggers...(mine are nuts, red wine, sharp cheeses, vinegar/anything pickled, chocolate...)

Best of luck!

You handled the situation like a champ!!

I\'m not completely insane; I\'m just a little bit crazy.

does anyone here feel like is someone v* because of a headache, or medication-inducement, or something, that it's not as bad? i'm talking about other people doing it, not myself. but if i know what's causing it i feel a teensy bit better than if someone just "doesn't feel well" because that could mean a sv which you can't control at all. of course, if it was me feeling the n* i would be completely panicked, but if i knew what was causing it i would be a little more okay with it than otherwise.