Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

When your kids get sick and your spouses help to take care of them, rubbing their backs etc., do they ever pick up the sv's that the kids had? I'm just curious as to how the transmission of the sv is in the household.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

My hubby usually always gets it when he takes care of our 6 year old. But - he v* at the drop of a dime anyway. (Imagine - anemet married to someone who can v* and then sit down at the dinner table and eat!!). Our older son doesn't ever worry about being around the younger one when he's sick - he'll even let him lay on his lap and watch TV when he's been v* and he has never gotten it.

Wow, that's interesting about your hubby. My guy is the same way, he gets sick and then he can eat whatever he wants. The reason why i'm asking is that my hubby woke up w/ a headache again this morning and he got sick. I had to see my mom today so I left soon after he got sick. He got sick again about an hour later and I just spoke with him and he says he still has a headache. I'm sure it isn't a sv, but there is that 1% of me that is terrified its a sv. I'm very careful about washing my hands and this morning I even used the bathroom after he got sick. I just wish there was a magic pill to take that would prevent people from ever v* again.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I don't live with my kids' dad but on the odd occasion that one of the kids has been ill when with him, he has always caught it. I have never caught anything despite looking after them when they v* and cleaning it off the carpet!!

I put it down to my far superior hygeine! I asked him if he bleaches the toilets, sink, taps, light switch, flush etc after they v*, and make sure the kids wash their hands, don't share towels/flannels etc. He admitted that he doesn't do anything other than flush the toilet! He says I'm just lucky but I think it's definitely due to the fact that I don't give these germs a chance!

Well, my hubby NEVER got sick from the kids, but luckily, my kids weren't sick very often at all, between the 3 of them, maybe a handful of times all together combined. But hubby and I never got it from them.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

We've had lots and lots of svs in the past 5 yrs. and I have caught it twice--only had d* though, and my husband who isn't as freakish about the germs has never caught one from the kids!

Being a single Mom I was there for my sons when they were sick, rubbing their backs, emptying the pail etc. With my eldest being 22 and the youngest 13, in all those years I have caught the stomach flu 5 times. I had the diarrhea, felt sick to my stomach but never vomited. Funny, I can remember when the kids were sick but at times can’t remember what I did last week. Amazing![img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

My hubby never caught them either. Well-except the first time when my oldest got her first sv at 2. We both caught it-I was pregnant so I'm sure my immune system was weakend but my daughter slept in bed with us-so that is very close contact. Since then, the kids have had at least 7 and knock wood-we were ok. I wear gloves, ect.but he is right there in it[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]and does'nt catch it.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Babygap...your hubby is probably v* from his headache...it is probably a migraine. I get them, they suck. Neither hubby nor I really take care of the kids when they are sick. I don't cause I get panick attacks, and hubby just kinda keeps his distance so he doens't get sick. However, we usually both end up getting it. Just from cleaning it up. We never v*, sometimes d*, but usually justa loss of appetite, and a tummy ache.

Yes, my hubby and I BOTH got the virus last year and then again this year
    as well. But I also helped take care of her. Both times my daughter and
    my hubby v* I was just as sick, but I only had d*. I guess that is the emet
    in my brain.

Wow, I didn't realize how many of you actually get sick from your kids. Thanks for all your replies and support!!
    <a href=\"

My husband always catches them. And then I do. A lot of times I dont v* though which is good!

Geez unless I get this sorted I don't think I could have kids. They seem to be sick ALL the time! I'm 26 next month so my bioligical clock is bound to start ticking soon! WAAAHHH. Baby sick is fine.. but once they eating solids..eeughh couldn't deal with it. I hope my future husband isn't an Emet and can handle it for me and be understanding about it- thats all I can say!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

No, they really are'nt sick all the time Kimmy, it's just that we obsess over their symptoms so much it may seem that way when we come on here to vent. Mabey they are sick 15 days a year. Out of those 15 days, only mabey 3 of those days are sv*. So you have about 3 awful days, 13 lousy days and 351 days that are filled with a child's laughter and love and all that is wonderful about being a mom! You have to take the "come here mom and let my wipe my boogie nose on your shirt days" with your "mom, your the most beautiful girl ever" days.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

my kids only vomited about once a year from age 2-8, then a lot less than that. And after age 3 or 4 they made it to the bathroom and looked after themselves pretty much. So I agree....it's very little and the big payoff with kids is every other day!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.