Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was looking for a coworker to ask her a question, and I knew I had seen her earlier this morning. I went by her office and her lights were off, computer was off, etc. - definitely gone. I asked someone else if she was in and she said that she had just left because she thinks she has food poisoning. I guess her husband was up sick all night last night, and it just hit her at work this morning. I'm not sure if she has actually v*d or had d* at work yet, but I will make sure I do not use the restrooms for the rest of the day (I haven't used them yet). I am still worried about getting it though - I know some fp is contagious or maybe it is actually a sv? They ate at Old Chicago last night. Would fp hit her and her husband at different times or do you think it is a sv? I have been munching on stuff all morning, and now I am worried that maybe I touched something that she touched. I did stick my head in her office to see if she was there. I really hope no one else in the office gets this! Edited by: sillygirl

The only way to really know whether someone has a sv or fp is to conduct a stool culture. People can develop fp at different rates of time, but it is usually around the same time within hours of each other.

Stella

I'm starting to feel bad, but it is probably just from worrying. If it is a sv, it had a REALLY short incubation time (her husband was sick through the night and she got it this morning), so I am afraid it could hit me any time. I have been so good this winter! I haven't had anywhere near the amount of panic attacks/worrying that I usually have during sv season. I hope that doesn't mean that deep down I know I am doomed to get this one!

Hi Sillygirl -

Really sounds more like it was whatever they ate at the restaurant last night. I don't think she'd have it yet if it were a sv*. Maybe her stomach is just stronger than his and it took a little longer for the bad food to hit her. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep up with the rituals and try to relax.

For the first time in a long time I am avoiding food because of my emet. I know I shouldn't, but I am dreading eating my lunch because I am afraid it will just come back later. I think my emet is also really affected by the weather. When it is warm and sunny outside, I tend not to worry as much. But when it is yucky outside like it is today (cold, rainy, snowy) I get that doomed feeling. Ugh. I hope she doesn't come back in tomorrow, even if she is feeling better in case it is a sv.