Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I made an appt with a therapist for next week. I have never addressed emet with any therapist, and plan on giving her a copy of Sage's info sheet. I'm pretty nervous, even tho I know this therapist. I saw her for a few months with my mom, for issues we had surrounding my mom's alcoholism. I hope this works out. She said she has experience with anxiety/panic disorders, and when I saw her before, I found her to be reasonable and supportive, but I don't know how she will react to the emet thing. Or if she has even heard of it.
    I'm also going to see my nurse practicioner soon to get my thyroid levels checked out, and see about some meds. I have no time for this stupid phobia. I want to be rid of it, or at least able to manage it, as I have in the past. I don't know what caused this drastic relapse, but it is seriously pissing me off. The way I see it, better to be pissed off, because then I have the energy/motivation to fight it!

That is such a great step! I was wondering how you were doing.

Good for you! Don't be scared at all about telling the Therepist. I also printed out Sage's info sheet the first time I went to my new therepist. The best advice I can give is to tell her as much as possible, every aspect, what you fear, if you do any OCD type things, any thing you avoid daily because of emet and how you feel daily (anxious,panic attacks, IBS, etc) I hope your first meeting goes well!