Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just read in another post that fp can sometimes be contagious? Is this true?

Im not sure on this one, i heard this to. I[ve never got it from my family, but i think if they touch something like food, then you ate it when they had the fp, you can it? im not sure.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YES! It's not the food itself that causes foodpoisoning, but rather bacteria found on or in the food. This bacteria will be present in the infected person's stool- so if they don't wash properly after going to the bathroom- or you don't wash before eating, touching your face, etc, you could possibly catch it.

But, if you take the proper precautions, you will be fine!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

some food poisoning is from leaving food out too long so bacteria grows. other times it's fecal-oral contamination by the chef at the restaurant (yetch). So if he or she has a virus and contaminates the food, then it's often thought it's food poisoning because everyone who ate there got it. But really it's a virus of the chef's passed on to everyone.

mosttypes of food poisoning such as salmonella or botulism are not contageous.

this is another Alvin question for sure!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.