Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: aarrgghh

I am really worried at the moment. A few days i posted about my dad having an sv when he came to visit, i spend 3 days with him while he was ill (mainly because i hadnt seen him for 6 months and wouldnt see him again for another 6 months). He got ill wednesday 2 weeks ago, and was ill until saturday (over a week ag). I saw him last wednesday by which time the last time he had had d* was 4 days ago although he still felt unwell. I last saw him Friday night. I kept thinking, all i need to do is get through until monday night, 72 hours. Its now tuesday night, 96 hours since i saw him but i am really panicking, I wasnt as hungry for my dinner as normal and have been to number 2 twice today, although both times have been normal (sorry tmi). Now i feel like i might need to go again. I have been taking pepto since saturday, just in case, i know i shouldnt. now im worried that i have the sv but the pepto is stopping me from having d* and just making me go more than normal, and as soon as i stop taking it i will get ill.

I dont know what to do, i dont know if this is the ocd talking or what. now i am starting to feel a little crampy in the my tummy. this is too much. im going mad

Hey Nicki,

I don't think you need to worry. Aside from the fact that you have passed the contagious stage, you would definately know about it one way or another by nowif you had caught the SV.

I think the problem is probably the fact that you know what your dad's symptoms were, so you're re-creating them yourself in your mind. Our mind's are very powerful (as we know from having this phobia) and I know that I often create symptoms that aren't actually genuine. And then as soon as I distract myself or get distracted the symptoms go away. When I remember to think about it again they gradually come back.

The symptoms you're feeling could also very well just be nerves and anxiety or the fact that you're analazying your No.2's. You're reading into the fact that you've done 2 today. Maybe you just did. For no reason. Our bodies are hardly predictable are they!!

You'll be fine hun stop worrying. Try to distract yourself completely and see if the symptoms go away. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Oh dear, that would be a predicament. I hope you will be okay!! It's been long enough that you should be in the clear, I think you are just experiencing anxiety!!