Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panicking!!

Hello everyone....I've tried to keep away for a while....but i'm back again, because my husband is sick, and i'm horribly panicking...don't know what's the deal...he told me had really bad chills Sunday late nite early morning and Monday morning he seems fine.....so we work at the same hotel and i'm getting of and he's jsut starting Monday about 2:30pm and tells me he feels really sick and has a temperature....tried calling in sick but our boss said "no we have no coverage"..so hubby takes some ibuprofin works for a couple of hours...says he feels better..then at around 6:30 I call again and he says he's feeling horrible and he's laying down with really bad chills again....anyways he come's home...looks horrible....lays down kinda acting okay and talking even though he feels bad with his fever...soI take my sleeping pill cuz he is a really loud and graphic puker....i wake up this morning and ask him how he's feeling and he says "still bad, I puked a couple of times last night and my my head hurts".....damnit!! this is freaking me out!!...I thought maybe he just had a virus with a fever, since he was talking regular last night, so my question, is this your typical sv or what?....that freaks me out so bad that you can have a fever and feel like crap for that long and then get the pukes!!! He's sleeping now, and thank god my kids are in school...you guys know how I feel, I have no one else to talk too...I really wanted to get out of here..but I can't let my hubby see me like that, i've been horribly grouchy with my kids (poor things), I don't know what to do with myself...I guess, i'll just sit around and wait for him to be sick again!!!......I hope all you guys have been doing okay and being strong!!!...thanks for reading..
    ~Sheri~

does he puke easily-some people(who are non0emets) puke even over a postnasal drip . It sounds like influenza- usually adults don't v* with that. My daughter just had the flu-no chills. not even a stomache ache but she puked and wasreally tired and coughing for a week. none of us got it-even me who cleaned it, ect.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Thanks swifette, so it doesn't sound like an sv to you?...he doesn't have cold symptoms...and yes he is an easy puker, if he feels sick he will stick his finger down his throat (sorry)...i can't stop anlyzing this, i cant eat, my anxiety has been sky high since last night, i even kissed him goodbye yesterday when i left for work!!!he's still sleeping and i'm here such mess, shaking as i'm typing and he has know idea i'm like this! lol......when he came home from work last night he said he didn't feel like puking...but just as i had predicted he did!!...i cant stop obsessing with worry that he's gonna be sick again!!...i'm sure sv's can present in many different ways, like you don't always get sick first and then the fever right? I mean what else could this be?
    ~Sheri~

Sometimes a fever can make a person n*. Does he get s* easily?
    My daughter had something similar to your husband recently. High fever, chills, aches. No cold symptoms. She v* once, but her fever was VERY high, and I had just given her ibuprofen. It sounds like influenza, not a sv.

it's so comforting to hear you say that you guys don't think it's an sv, although my mind is dead set that it is. thank you, i'm just waiting for him to wake up and see how he does!
    ~Sheri~

Hey, im sorry to hear about this. My mum had this once, she had a fever and a chesty cough, she didn't have a stomach ache or feel n* untill she acctuly v* then as soon as she did she said she felt much better, went to sleep, then all there was after that was a cold, but she went to the doctors and he said it was a cold and a chest infection, and that had made her v*. I hope he feels better soon and that your ok. Take care.

xx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That just sounds like the flu and that he just had some v'ing as a symptom. I have a friend whose husband always (sort of like an emet) equates feeling ill in any way with stomach problems, always gets some sort of stomach issue with even a cold!! So maybe your husband had that sort of thing! Good luck, stay well!

Thanks, donna.....well he's up and i went to the store and bought him some gatorade and he drank it so far he seems a litle better...he's talking and stuff, but you never know, i hope so bad that was it for the v*....he is so loud and dramatic when he v*...it terrifies me so bad!.....I so hope you guys are right...thanks again, i will keep you posted!!!....it's hard to do this when my kids are here, because i don't want them to know what i'm doing...ridiculous!
    ~Sheri~

[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Well Sheri baby I also don't think its an SV, but the fact that he has been V*ing for more than one day could mean some other type of Virus.. maybe Gastro-enteritis? Has he got cold symptoms on top of the V'*ing and chills? It could be FP too.. FP symptoms show themselves in different ways too, depending on what the food was and what the bacteria was..

About a month ago my boyfriend had chills/fever for about aweek, he also had absolutely NO energy at all, as well as a headache and then he got a very badchesty cough that lasted a long time afterwards. He knows about my Emet so I'm not 100% sure if he V*ed at all, but if he did I never saw/heard it. He has this amazing way of controlling his V*ing anyway. I thought at the time that he had caught a tropical disease/parasite as he is a soldier and came back from Belize in November. I don't suppose this is an option for your husband?

I went through hell that week, asking him constantly how he was feeling and if he was feeling better/nauseous/hungry etc. He was so hot from his fever that I would wake up in the mornings sweating with hot cheeks from the heat coming off him! It was torture!!

I hope your husband starts to feel better soon - for both of your sakes!

Take care hunx [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

It sounds like he had the flu to me. My hubby had it once back in high school when we were dating. He was achey, fever, chills, cough, all of the "normal" flu symptoms. Then, after calling in sick to work for a couple of days, he tried to go in and he v*d while he was there. It was the only time he v*d with this illness. I think it was just from pushing himself too hard. Probably like your husband did when he went to work. If it were a sv, I would think v* and d* would have been the most prominent symptom.

Thanks sillygirl, he doesnt havea cough or any cold type symptoms, i wish he did though, it would ease my mind....he got kind of quiet again and now he's sleeping, so i'm still hoping that he will be better soon, my mind is telling me he will be sick again and it won't stop!!!
    ~Sheri~

Doesn't sound like a sv to me either, you would expect him to v* more frequently. Definitely sounds something viral though. Ibuprofen can really irritate your stomach especially if it's empty. If he had continued to take the pills and hadn't eaten anything, then this could be enough to make him v*.

Hope he gets better soon and you manage to relax a little!

Thanks Suze, changing the subject here, i just got a kitten a few ago that looks just like the one in your avatar, she/he is beautiful what breed is it?
    ~Sheri~

He's a British Blue called Bismarck! Very big and beefy but gentle as a lamb - not the sharpest tool in the box though and he has a very wimpy meow for such a big cat!

I bet your kitten is very cute!

sheri...i bet he just has a virus, not a sv*, but then again, you never really do know. Does he have a weak tummy. Just make sure to stay away from him, clean the bathroom, sleep on the couch, and make sure to clean the phones really good. You will pull through this...I know how you feel right now, but you can do it!

It definitely sounds like influenza more than sv. But some people v* because of a fever, so maybe that's what happened. My husband is a horribly loud and graphic v*-er as well. I don't understand why he can't be more discreet and I have to talk myself out of actually being mad at him, but I guess it's involuntary. He always goes downstairs, but it's still loud and clear.

I hope he's feeling better soon, and the rest of you stay healthy.

Well...it's 8:00 in the morning here, he's still sleeping.....last night he was pretty quiet...never got out of bed.......and the only thing he ate was a bowl of soup the whole day yesterday....sounds like a fun virus, huh!....I just hope the kids and I will be okay......I feel guilty because i'm so mad at him fro getting sick, because this guy never washes his hands!!.....it's like i'm over here obsessivly washing mine and my kids hands and taking all precautions and he comes home with the sv's anyway...i swear he gets sick more often than my kids!!!....he never gets the good old fashioned cold...only the sv's!!......well hopefully he's on the mend and can get back to his old self...thanks to all of you again...have a great day!
    ~Sheri~

Hi Sheri, how is your hubby doing?
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Okay...well he got up and he just had the meanest runs!!....i'm shaking so bad right now....what the f**k!!...i'm so scared for me and the kids!!...i'm scared that if one of us gets this that it will be 10 times worse!!....I just don't know what to do right now...it's my day off today and I wish I was a work...this virus has lasted 3 days now!!...my kids have touched the same things he has...like the tv remote and other things around the house!!...and you know how they always put there fingers int here mouth and stuff...oh please don't let them catch this!!!......I hope when I come back on here I have good news.....until next time
    ~Sheri~

Sheri, I understand exactly what you are going through. I would be in a panick as well. I have to give you 2 thumbs up though, you haven't run away or asked your sick hubby to go to a hotel and leave the house. If your kids get it, just do your best to keep the house clean, clorox the door knobs, light switches, all the common things. Keep your hands clean and away from your face. If you can, don't sleep in the same bed as him, sleep on the couch, that way you don't have to worry about him breathing on you. Do your best to stay well rested and keep eating, keep your immune system up. Good luck and please keep us posted. I feel for you honey...
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Relax hon. I know that is so much easier said than done. Do you have any of those antibacterial wipes you can use on door handles, light switches, etc? That should help cut down on your kid's exposure, and yours. Take care of yourself, and keep clean, and you and the kiddos should be fine. Keep us posted.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

He still has the runs and he feels sick again!!...he's been in bed all day now...man i'm so freaked out...i need to keep my kids away from him and out of the bathroom he used but it's the only one we have downstairs so i'm gonna have to watch them like a hawk....i wonder what the incubation is with this nasty virus he has.......has anyone had a sick husband or wife in the same house and never caught it??....i mean a fever and chills with some v* for 2 days feeling like crap and then gets the runs and feels sick again on the 3rd day......i'm so scared!!! Edited by: sheri-baby
    ~Sheri~

Oh man, sorry you are having such a rough couple of days. You should probably sanitize everything, that will ease your mind a little. I don't know what the incubation period would be, but so far, so good right? Try to stay calm and clean, and you and the kids should be fine. You are doing a great job!!!

I'm not too knowledgable on all the aspects of sv's...incubation periods and the like, but I do want you to know that I'm thinking about you. You mentioned that you 'obsessively wash your hands', just like alot of us here and I'm sure you take other precautions as well...keeping your hands away from your eyes, nose, mouth...being as sanitary as possible...so hopefully whatever this is that your husband has you've already cut it off at the pass and you'll be fine. You'll be in my thoughts.

By the way, my husband is terrible about washing his hands. It makes me mad too.[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Oh that is so terrible. Hopefully he will be better soon. Just don't sleep with him, and keep the kids out of your room and that bathroom. That is pretty much all that you can do. There have been times when hubby and I haven't gotten what each other has had. Keep us posted

thanks 6pksummer.....he's been better for a couple of days......still d* and not much appetite.....which is unusual for him.....he eats a lot!.....anyways i'm still worried about my kids getting sick...he started getting sick on Monday morning....but I guess if he still has a little d* he's still contagious right?....today we were at my sons t-ball game and after all the dad's always have beer and the kids eat stuff the mom's bring...well today he eats pizza and drinks beer!...can you imagine!...he said he felt a little sick after that...but that's a non-emet for ya!....thanks all for your support, it really helps....
    ~Sheri~

that sounds like a man and a non emet...Im glad to see that he is feeling better. I would think he is still contagious if he has some d*. But with those damn sv* you never really know...it sucks...My son has a fever tonight...i just posted something 200% panicking...so now I need to work through my issues...some days sure do suck!

Glad hubby is better....you did a great job getting through this!

Kim

yup....that is a man for you...lol!...i just read your post...you know when my kids complain of a sore throat it's such a relief for me even if there is fever.....that's never been an sv symptom in imy kids...it's got to be throat/cold type fever...i'm sorry to hear about the boils...poor kids..that sucks!.....i really hope this all clears up for them, but try not to worry about your son's fever being an sv....even though i know exactly how your thinking....thanks again for your response![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Edited by: sheri-baby
    ~Sheri~

i'm still really scared my kids will get it....his started with the chills...everytime they say they're cold, i panick!...oh geez, when will they be in the clear??....i've bleached the toilet as much as possible, but there were a few times where i know they have used it after him and i wasn't thee to clean it!!...this phobia really sucks!
    ~Sheri~