Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

so my doctor stuck his hand in my mouth with no gloves or without washing his hands...im scared

eeeewwww! What was this for, may I ask?

ya so, he was checkin gmy throat cause I have a sinus infection...and accidentally stuck his hand in there with no gloves, so I freaked out cause he knows aboutmy emetophobia, and norwalk is going aroun dhere!!!! UGH He did say he hadnt wseen anyone today with norwalk so I dont know I am so scared though....

Ew I'm sorry I freak out when my bf does that or like touches my
    lip....I don't know what I would do. But dont panic. I know you think
    doctors and germs but think that most people go in for other things
    that are that kind of sickness and check ups. Sorry. How are you
    now?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maybe he washed his hands before he came into the room

EWWW!! You should have bit him!! (Just joking)

I can't beleive he did that, butI don't think he would have done that knowing he would put you in danger of getting sick. He was probably just taking to other people before he saw you. Try not to worry about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why did you allow him to do that? What was he looking for in your mouth? I would have stopped him dead in his tracks beofre he got anywhere near my mouth. That's ridiculous, what is his problem? Does he have a private practice or is he in a clinic? If he's part of a clinic I would talk to the head person and bitch about it. I'm sure you'll be ok. Kim

The same thing happened to me at the orthodontist a few months ago, because I go to the hospital for my teeth. The NHS here in England are currently involved in a huge campaign to prevent the spread of MRSA in hospitals, so they have all of these posters up saying "All hands to the pump", and saying that it's ok to remind your doctor/nurse if you think they've forgotten.

The thing is, when my orthodontist opened my mouth and started poking aroung without gloves or anything, I really didn't feel like I could say anything though.. it just would be a bit uncomfortable.

Anyway, I'm sure if it was a mistake, he would have been wearing gloves or washign hands for his other patients anyway, so it should be ok. I hope you feel ok, and try not to worry
    <font size=\"3\"><center> Help put us emets on the map-
    </font></center>

Yeah like someone said, maybe he washed his hands before coming in there. I've never had that happen to me but I would be freaked out too. I'm so afraid of germs that it's hard for me to kiss someone that I don't know. That really puts a damper on my sex life...LoL!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!