Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Tonight is not going very well. My daughter has just slept walked downstairs half dressed in her school uniform. It has really scared me. I have led her back to bed and she seems settled now. It is the 2nd time she has done it recently.

My son has woken up 3 times crying. I have gone in his room, shaking,expecting the worst each time. I know it is over 3 days since my daughter was s*, but I am still worrying my son will catch it. I feel like I can not cope with any more poorly children. I am so tired.

My husband has been away at workfor 8 weeks, buthe still has 10 more weeksto go. It seems like such along trip this time. I feel scared to go to bed tonight. I am scared to check on my son incase he is unwell.I know it is really irrational as he was fine at bedtime. I am scared my daughter will walk in her sleep again. i just wish it was morning.

Sorry to moan, I am just having one of those lonely nights and needed to vent.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I wonder if your daughter sleepwalks because she misses her dad, as you do. It freaks me out when Logan sleepwalks, too. You poor thing, I hope you can get some sleep. I am sure your son will be fine! I wish you had more support around there, it's just the pits that you are alone.

Thank you Donna

My daughter may sleep walk because she misses her daddy. She was also very excited this evening as she passed her swimming certificate, so maybe it was excitement. I have just checked my son and he seems soundly asleep now. I think that my daughter being s* on Saturday came as a real shock. I sort of coped at the time but it is worrying me now.

curly... I feel so bad for you. You will get through this. I would think if your son makes it 6 days...you should be safe. It must be terrible to be going through this all alone. You seem to be very strong though, and are doing a good job!

Hi Curly, sorry you're feeling so down and on edge. I know how scared you must have been when your daughter showed up, I hate the sound of footsteps, it spooks me every time. It's normal to sleepwalk but that doesn't take the shock and fear factor away. You did the right thing though and took her back to bed, she'll settle now I'm sure. My daughter sometimes has night terrors, she'll scream and cry and fight, and nothing will calm her as she won't let me near her.

There's a good chance your son will be fine too. He's young and would probably have been sick the first time he woke, if it was going to happen at all, kids can't hold it in. He's probably just restless or dreaming. It happens with my daughter alot, sometimes she's very fidgety, gets up alot etc., other times she's out for the count. I'm a little worried tonight too as she didn't want any supper, which is unlike her. She did eat a big tea though, and was tired, but I'm still feeling tense. My son showed up at my door at 4am this morning, frightened the life out of me, was expecting the dreaded, but thankfully he'd just wet the bed!

Actually, I started writing this message a while ago, but my daughter woke crying uncontrollably - it has taken me 20 mins to calm her down, and I have her in bed with me now. Had the bowl ready just incase she was sick but she wasn't. I'll worry all night now though.

It's hard when you husband is away - is there any chance he would consider getting a job closer to home? Just a thought...

Don't worry about sleeping yet, watch some tv for an hour or so, or read a book. I'm sure if the hour passes uneventfully, you'll be free to rest!

Take care though

Thankyou6pksummer and suze

I am sure my children will be fine it is just that horrible nightime feeling. I was feeling so positive and more confident over the Easter break,then my daughter was s* at the weekend and I have come back down to earth again, worrying more than ever.

Suze,I hope you have a good night with your daughter. I think she will be o.k. I always worry when my children do not eat their meals (very rare occurrence for my hungry bunnies!). I worry just as much when they eat lots in case it gives them a tummy ache. Poor children just can't win really.

I have begged my husband to get an onshore job, but he loves the sea so much. I have pointed out that we only live a 10 minute walk away from the sea, but that did not work. Even when he is home he spends a lot of time on his fishing boat. I will never change him. He has even bought himself a canoe to take to the beach this summer.

Well, I am going to try and read my book. Hopefully I will get some sleep soon as I am guarunteed a 5.30 am call from an excited 6 year old giving me a "good morning" hug. I am sure everything will seem so much better in the morning.

That stinks that he won't be home more. I get frustrated at my husband for being a bartender and working nights when he has a degree and could get a higher paying day job. Like most emets I have high nighttime anxiety.

Hope you got a good night's sleep!! Hopefully I will get one--the anxiety of all of the stuff in Logan's class is really getting me!

Thank you Donna. I hope you manage to get a good night's sleep. I know how worrying it must be for you with the children in Logan's class. I hope they v*d for a different reason to a sv and that your daughter stays well.

It is 4am here and my son has just woke me. He seemed alright when I went to him, but I am shaking now as i was expecting the worst again. I am really tired but just can't seem to relax tonight. I think it is just one of those nights

i understand how you're feeling. I realized that since my throwing up a week ago, im not so scared of getting sick myself but i'm still shaky at the thought of someoneelse, especially a kid gettign sick in my presence. I have a younger sister.She said she was feeling a bit dizzy tonite and has a mild headache, so i heardanxiety bells going off in me. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]The best you can do is to try and think rationally since , in your case, your son went to bed fine, just believehe'll be fine. Get your mind on something else, something relaxing. That's what i'm trying to do rite now instead of thinking of my sis. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

How is everyone this morning Curly? Hope you managed some sleep.

i had an up and down night, my daughter woke again at 4.30 complaining of a sore throat. I managed to get her to take some ibuprofen and she fell asleep again. she was absolutely fine this morning, if a little tired, so she has gone to school - it's class photo today and she didn't want to miss it. I'm picking her up for lunch so I'll see how she is then.

I know it's none of my business but I feel so sorry for you when your husband is away. It seems many men have a very different take on work/family responsibilities. I'm not saying that they are bad for working away, it's just different how they prioritise things, a touch on the selfish side perhaps. Anyway, as I said, none of my business but I'm glad you have made friends through this site who can give you some support when you need it.

Hope the rest of the night went smoothly. The sleepwalking must have been scary. My two-year-old has just started having night terrors. He'll wake up and scream "mummy mummy mummy" for an hour at a time, but no amount of cuddling or soothing words gets through to him. He stares at me without seeing me. But in the morning, it's like nothing happened!

My partner also works away, but not for more than a couple of weeks at a time. I hate it, especially with all the stuff that's going around right now. Hope you and the family stay well.

Thank you Bigemet, Suze and Dreamer.

Well my children were fine this morning so as usual I was worrying about nothing. It just seemed a very long and lonely night and all the irrational thoughts which I can put to the back of my mind during the daytime are not so easy to hide at nightime.

I did not tell my daughter she had been sleepwalking as it would probably worry her. She was fine this morning though.

Suze, I hope your daughter's sore throat is o.k. now.

Dreamer, It must be scary when your son wakes up screaming. My son sometimes does this and it is impossible to settle him.

Bigemet, I hope your sister is feeling better.

I am glad you made it through the night, hopefully your son i going to remain healthy!!Logan was complaining of a bad sore throat so she slept with me last night, I worried about he rbarfing in my bed, of course!

Hi Curly, Just want to let you know that I am thinking of you. I wish you weren't so alone in all this. I hope some kind words and thoughts help a little.Take care!</font>

Hey Sally!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time right now with the kids and doing it all by yourself because your husband isn't at home. I am so proud of you and you should feel so good about yourself for dealing with this so well and for being so strong. Your kids are lucky to have such a good mommy!

I hope you are having a better day today and I hope that you get some rest tonight. Some kids just go through some strange phases with sleep and maybe this is one of them. Keep us posted and remember you can always PM me if you need to vent.

Thank you Donna, Andee and Alissa. You are all very thoughtful.

Today has not gone too badly at all. I manage to keep busy during the daytime. It is once my children are in bed that I really start to worry about everything. I had been worrying a lot less than usual until my daughter got ill at the weekend. I am trying really hard to stay calm tonight. I am just so scared my daughter will sleep walk again or my son will v*. I get so annoyed with myself for wasting so much time and energy worrying about what might happen, instead of concerntrating on all the fantastic things I have to be happy about. I have 2 beautiful children who need me to stay calm and happy. It was my mums last chemotherapy today so that is something to celebrate.I have a wonderful husband even if he is all the way in Hong Kong, he will be home eventually. I am happy with everything, I just do not like nightimes. They are scary and lonely!

You are a wonderful mother no matter what and you have no reason to feel guilty for worrying and being so anxious. We all have this problem and it is just something we can't help. Your children are well cared for, safe, and happy and that's all that matters!!!

You have every right to be scared, nervous, sad, lonely, anxious, etc. since your husband is so far away and you take care of the kids all by yourself most of the time.

Be proud of a job well done!!!

Yes, you should be proud of yourself, and I'm glad the kids are now OK. Hope your mum's chemo goes as well as it can, try and look forward to all the time you can spend together in the coming months when the weather is nice, it will be god for you all.

My daughter is not too good, she wouldn't eat any lunch so I kep her home for the afternoon. Actually she spent it with her dad, but was very flat and was sick around 4pm. I don't think it's a sv as it's not happened again and she has had some toast and ice cream. She keeps waking up though and gagging, but I think it's her inflamed throat that's causing swallowing problems.I'm prepared forthe fact that she might v* in the night but I'm ok if it's not sv related.

She won't be going to school tomorrow which means I will have to cancel my classes - her dad has work too but obviously I'm dispensable and he's not - men!!!!

Anyway, hope you have a peaceful night Curly, you really do deserve one! Take care.