Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay I'm at my parent's house for the night (Cause I was bored and lonely at my place) and my dad made Turkey Burgers and I had two of them (I was starving) I was feeling fine until about 15 minutes ago when my dad said he had an upset stomach (He didn't eat the turkey burgers only me and my mom did) but I'm like sort of freaking out and feeling N* right now and I'm wondering if it's cause I'm just thinking about this too much. It's been 2 hours and 10 minutes since I ate the burgers...I'm not SEVERELY N* but the feeling is there...am I just thinking about this way too much? I'm going to go watch some TV but I'll be back in a little while to see your responses, hopefully the feeling will go away!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yep- thinking too much. The moment you hear of someone that you have had contact with being sick, it's easy for your anxiety to make you feel sick- or for you to think you are 'doomed', and then overanalyze any twitch or twinge as evidence that you too are sick.

You said you were fine until your dad mentioned feeling sick- chances are, your worry about that or any possibility that you may be sick is making you feel ill!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know how you feel right now. I am the exact same way. I'm sure you're only feeling n* because of your anxiety about your dad not feeling well. The two of you didn't even eat the same meal. Sometimes it is unfortunate that our mind is such a powerful thing. It takes over and can make us feeln* among many other things.Try your best to relax. I know that is easier said than done. It's good that you've decided to watch some television to try and distract yourself. Let us know how you're doing.

I'm doing A LOT better now, I actually saw a preview for a show that I watch that made me so happy I'm close to tears! Thanks for the replies though! You guys are GREAT!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]It's amazing how anxiety can cause symptoms! You're thinking too much, so just get your mind off of it and think of something different. It's been 2 hours which is quite long.