Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i have been to sleep once and i went to sleep n a full stomach but now i have woken up i have a bit of stomach ache... i needed the toilet so i went and it wasnt diareah... i havent been near anyone with a SV or anything will i be ok or could ibe sick? xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That happens to me sometimes when I eat close to bedtime. I know it can be scary, but you'll be fine.

If I go to sleep with a full stomach I definitely wake up with indigestion. I usually take an antacid and a glass of water and it passes.

If I eat near my bedtime I usually wake up either with indigestion or needing to use the restroom. Why I get nervous when either of these things happen, I don't know, but I do so I understand your worry and need for reassurance. You'll be fine. You said yourself you haven't been around anyone with any type of sickness so there's nothing to worry about. Just relax and get back to your beauty sleep.

I think you will be fine if you have not been near anyone with a sv. I hope you feel better now.

Going to sleep on a full tummy is a recipe for indgestion for many people. It's just that your stomach couldn't properly digest the food. When I do that, I usually sit up for a while and drink water.

I NEVER sleep on a full stomach, spells disaster for me. I wake up feeling queasy and panic on a large scale. I've taught myself to stay awake until I start to feel hungry again, then I feel safe to drop off.

Hope you're feeling better.

I agree - when I go to bed full of food, I often wake up the following
    morning convinced that I am going to be sick, and it normally takes me
    until dinner time to get my act together!!!

You'll be fine on this one, as the others suggested, take an anti-acid
    tablet and it should all calm down a bit. But it can be an unpleasant
    experience waking up and feeling like it!

Quote Originally Posted by suze

I NEVER sleep on a full stomach, spells disaster for me. I wake up feeling queasy and panic on a large scale. I've taught myself to stay awake until I start to feel hungry again, then I feel safe to drop off.

Hope you're feeling better.
    I do that too! My fiance and friends think I am nuts for waiting until I am hungry to go to sleep. But, hey, empty tummy to sleep on equals fewer issues in my book.

Yup, I do it too. I can't handle sleeping with much food in my stomach. It just makes me feel gross.