Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sorry it's off topic, but I'm really sad right now. Two of our cats are sick. The boy, Fat Cat, had to stay overnight at the vet's for observation. He told us that there's some sort of disease that pets contract from ticks that he's seen alot of lately. He said that recently he saw this wipe out a family of 18 farm cats. Fat Cat is being given medication via iv and he sent some in tablet form home for us to give to our little girl, Uno. It came on so suddenly. One day they were fine and the next they were very lethargic, just lying there, not even eating or drinking. They can hardly stand and when they do they're just so unstable. The vet informed us that if F.C. improves we can bring him home tomorrow and that if he doesn't come home tomorrow he won't be coming home at all. I've got my fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone for listening (reading).

Oh geez, i'm so sorry to hear that, I really feel for you. I've had cats all my life and I would be so devastated, I really hope everything works out good for your kittys.....sending my best wishes your way[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~Sheri~

Awww.....sorry about your kittens. After losing two cats to outsideness, I have decided that the rest of my cats will be indoor only. It's rough though!

I hope your cats recover, and that this is only a temporary setback! I know how it feels to see your animal sick....they can only give you miserable looks and can't tell you whats wrong. My animals are my babies, and I would rather be sick myself than see them in pain!

Crossing my fingers for you,

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys! My hubby is giving our Uno some Pedialyte right now. She's purring, but we can tell she feels terrible. I'll keep you posted.

aww, how sad. I really hope they get well soon. I love the names!

Hope they both recover fully. We'll all be thinking of you.

I'm sending lots of get well vibes your way hun, i really hope they both get better soon. It's so distressing when pets are sick as they can't tell you exactly how they feel.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

That's so sad - I really hope they both recover. It's always distressing when a member of that family is unwell be it human or animal.

Get well soon, Kitties
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Bad news guys. My husband just picked up and brought home Fat Cat from the vet andwas told that he doesn't think our cat will make it through Saturday. In the meantime, we're supposed to try and feed him some baby food with a syringe. Since last night Uno has progressively gotten worse. Her crying makes it sound like she's in pain so we've decided to take her in to the vet now. My two little boys are upset and I can't stop crying. Thanks so much to everyone for being here for me.

This is so sad. I am really sorry to hear about your poor cats. My thoughts are with you.

Sherbear, I'm so so sorry. Thinking of you.

Oh this brings tears to my eyes.....i'm so sorry.....please let your cats be okay....hang in there
    ~Sheri~

Ohhh.....your poor sweeties

I hope they pull through despite the odds....

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It turns out that the vet won't take Uno. He thinks "she's close" and would prefer her to stay at home with us. He did give hera shot and says that's all he can do. It's just a waiting game now. They have managed to keep the baby food and pedialyte down. Right now everyone (2 kitties, hubby, daughter and 2 sons) are all napping together in the living room. I really do hope all goes well.

Thanks again to everyone here. All the sweet things you have said have really helped. Sometimes I don't know what I would do without you guys.

This is sooo sad! You know, they might still pull through. A few years ago, our 14 year old dog was attacked by a german shephard and the vet said that our dog wouldn't make it through the operation... But we went through with it anyways... and she survived the operation. The vet said he didn't think she'd make it through the night, but if she did, she might be okay. The vet went in the next morning, and there was lucy ( our dog) wagging her tail in the cage. We had toput her down a year ago, because of bladder problems, but she was a survivor.

I belive that the more love and affection you give your kitties, the more they will fight to stay alive. If they don't make it, think about the wonderful life you have given them. my fingers are crossed.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I'm so sorry. I've had many pets come and go in the past few years and
    I know just how painful it really is. I'm so sorry this had to happen.
    My best wishes go out to you and your family, and especially, your
    kitties.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

It's almost 2:00am here and Uno just died. It was the worst thing I've ever heard in my life. I couldn't watch. My husband did. (He has a fear of death, but couldn't make himself look away.) He said it was just awful. She fought so hard. I can barely see the screen through my tears as I type this. My head hurts and I have an upset stomach. I'm not looking forward to telling my boys in the morning. I don't know how I'll handle it if Fat Cat doesn't make it.

I feel like such a lost little kid right now. Maybe I was naieve, but I didn't think it was going to be as bad as it was. I thought she would go peacefully in her sleep. It ended up being like torture. I don't understand anything right now. The world doesn't make sense. We have had her from the first second of her life. I named her Uno because when she was a baby she would always end up with one of her eyes crusted shut. It was so cute. I would have to get a warm washcloth to clean it out. She ended up being the only girl out of a litter of five kittens so the name was so perfect. I know she wasa cat, but she was part of our family. I am really so sad.

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you.

Sherbear, I am really sorry to hear this and how traumatic it has been. I watched one of our cats die of a heart attack and it was the most awful things I have ever witnessed. You'll never forget but time will heal all the pain you're going through right now. Hope Fat Cat makes it through x

I am feeling so sad for you right now. I love animals and i know how much they become like a member of family. Uno was like another child to you, and that is what you feel you have lost. I hope Fat Cat makes it, i really do. My thoughts are with you all right now. x

Sherbear, I am so sorry. I have had cats all my life and losing them was like losing a member of the family. I've been through that pain and I know exactly how you must be feeling. Two years ago, I had to tell my son that his 8-month-old kitten had died, and although he was upset, he was comforted by the idea that his cat was in heaven being looked after by his grandad.

I hope Fat Cat gets through it. My thoughts are with you.

I'm so very sorry to hear about Uno, my thoughts are with you. I know the pain of losing a beloved pet. Our pets become one of the family and a cherished friend, so it's always heartbreaking to lose them.

I wondered if you knew about this http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm, it'sa beautiful site.

I truly hope Fat Cat pulls through, sending him healing wishes.

Take care.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I'm so sorry to read of your loss. I'm not a cat fan (I prefer dogs) but your posts brought tears to my eyes....

Itis okay to be sad. You have just lost a valued member of your family, and have had an incredible emotional rollercoaster ride in the last few days. The good thing for Uno is that she's now out of pain, even though she has just ripped a hole in your own (and your families) hearts. But that's what love is. And she was lucky to have such a loving family, as is Fat Cat. I hope for you that Fat Cat does get better, but if he doesn't, at least they will have each other again...

I'm sorry to hear about Uno. That must have been hard. I think this is a good chance to teach your little ones about life and death, and how you must cherish each moment you have with someone while they are here.

I'm sorry for your loss, cats are like family members to me as well.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

i can't express how bad i feel for you right now. i really hope and pray that fat cat makes it through ok.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Things were looking really good for Fat Cat yesterday. He woke me up by climbing into bed with me. We were still feeding him via a syringe, but he was very agreeable about the whole thing. He was swallowing the food and keeping it all down and seemed to enjoy the chicken (baby food) the best. He even started drinking water on his own. My husband took him back to the vet for another shot and the vet felt that Fat Cat was going to pull through. I can't tell you how excited we were.

This morning it felt like I woke up in a parallel universe. All the progress that Fat Cat had made was gone. Hewas so much worse than before. He was very limp and would just lay there staring. I tried giving him water and food. He wouldn't even swallow. I called my husband and he came home from work. Fat Cat started jerking and twitching just like Uno had. Jeremy called the vet's emergency number. We decided we wanted to have him 'put to sleep' rather than have him go through the same thing for hours like Uno did. We never got in contact with our vet. Fat Cat died at about 1:30 this afternoon. He's buried in our backyard next to his sister.

Thanks to everyone for all of your support.

I am so very. very sorry to hear of your loss. At least they are together, but it is still very sad.

Sherbear, I'm so sorry to hear this. It really is one of the saddest things I've read on this forum. I really do hope you and your family get through this OK and remember all the fun times you had with Fat Cat and Uno.

Thinking of you all.

I am really sorry to hear about poor Fat Cat. My thoughts are with you.