Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm curious how often do you use stomach remedies, whether that is prescription meds, otc meds, homeopathics, ginger or mints. What, if anything do you use, and how often.
    I use homeopathics a couple times a week, usually. Ginger 2-3 times per week. Otc remedies such as pepto and emetrol I use as sparingly as possible, a couple of times a month, if that, with the exception of Tums, which I sometimes use more.

Hey, well i have Prochlorazine for v* which are there for a saety net, i have to take Lansoprazole for stomach acid, otherwise i get to much acid it makes me v* sometimes, there both prescription meds, Other things i use are i have 2 ginger biscuits about an hour before i sleep, or whenever im feeling a lil n* i have one, i chew gum..a lot lol and another thing that works is lavender drops you put on your pillow, they really help to relax you.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have panicked once in this past year and used some anti-emetics I had.
    I try as hard as I possibly can NOT to take them because I think it feeds
    my emet and makes it worse. I took them the night my daughter was
    v*ing with a sv* and I thought I was beginning to get it, but looking back I
    think I was just n* from cleaning all that up- UGH!!!

I know what you mean, Lisa. It can really mess with your head when you have to clean up after your kids when they are sick. Makes the 'ol emet start spinning out of control.
    Last weekend my husband was feeling sick to his stomach, and was saying he thought it might be a virus, even though he had mixed beer and Goldschlager the night before. The logical part of my brain was telling me, "well, duh. He always feels crummy when he does this." But the emet in me started feeling n*, and I was convinced he was sick, and so was I. It took me most ofthe day before I decided it was the phobia talking. A

I take ginger a few times a week when I am travelling by bus or car to help with motionsickness (or after eating a heavy meal- I find it helps with digestion).

I keep chemical antiemetics with me when travelling because I am very prone to motionsickness depending on length, where I sit in the car, and the weather (when it rains it's worse- lack of fresh air). I haven't needed to take on in awhile, which is great because I hate the feeling of them in my body.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I chew gum or suck on mints when I'm n...but if I think there's a reason I'm n, like a sv..I'll take my phenegan suppositories. I usually take 2-3 in a year..so I don't think that's too bad Once in a great while I'll take tums..but it's for indegestion..I do much better with lots of fresh air..like a fan blowing on me..etc.

I think i have used everything under the sun....i have used pepto bismol.....not in a long time though, i have used tums...i have used zantac....now i'm on prilosec...i used ginger root pills....i have used maalox, i have used DA/IBS.....there are so many.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

almost every day i use some medicine, or just something like tea....

Let's just say I should have stock in TicTacs and Starlite mints.

I always have a supply of non-drowsy gravol soft chews with ginger in it which I use a few times a month. I find I usually get instant relief unless it's a really bad case of nausea in which case I use the drowsy kind and sleep it off. I often take a tum before I go to bed (especially on days I have very acidic food, keeps me from waking up in the middle of the night thinking I'm going to be sick - I often get confused with what my stomach is telling me) and I have peppermint tea almost everyday, I find it VERY soothing on the stomach and relieves nausea. That's about it!

I use either Zantac or Pepto probably about 3-4 times a week. I eat mints everyday.

When i feel s* i use mints and water. 90% of the time that works, but sometimes i go onto chews and hard boiled sweets.

If they fail the big guns come out! I would use antiacid tablets and remedies and i may even suck on a paracetemol (they taste so bad, my thoughts travel to the bad taste and away from the n*)
    <!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)