Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all. As if dealing w/ my hubby's migraine on Monday wasn't enough, I too am not feeling well. Sunday afternoon, I was minding my own business when I started to get these massive abdominal cramps. If I still had a gallbladder, I would have thought it was that, but it wasn't. I thought it was gas, but it didn't get any better. It kept me up all night and on Monday morning, I called the doctor. He examined me and everywhere he touched, it hurt. I was so swollen and bloated, the only pants that fit were my sweat pants. He knows I have IBS, but he said this severe pain wouldn't be an IBS attack, so he is sending me for a cat scan tomorrow. I have to drink the liquid and have an IV dye done as well.He thinks it could be possible appendicitis or an intestinal blockage or an intestinal infection. The funny thing is, I don't have a fever. He explained that when a person gets the fever, the appendix is close to rupturing so its possible that I have the start of it. The pain radiates all over which he said the appendix could do. He gave me a prescription for an intestinal relaxer, which has helped, but not when I eat. WhenI eat anything, the pain comes back bad.

So, wish me luck tomorrow. I've had this test done before, I didn't like the liquid, but I know it has to be done. I'll let you know how it goes and hopefully, whatever it is, it can be fixed before June 10 (I'm going on a cruise). Thanks for listening...
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Aww Babygap...i am so sorry you are dealing with that kind of pain...i do hope everything goes well for you...i was thinking gallblader too when i first read the post...but i don't have one either...i hope it's something they can fix right away and that it won't be too bad for you. Good luck, and let us know what happens...K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thanks so much Kate. It's such a weird kind of pain, it actually hurts all over my abdomen. I'll will keep you posted. Thanks again for the thoughts...
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Poor you. I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Aww man, I hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Good luck!!

You poor thing...you will do fine, keep us posted!

Hope you feel better soon and it ends up being nothing serious.

Well, I had the test done. It was such a long day.My mom and I got to the hospital @ 11:30 am. I registered, and went to the Cat scan waiting room. This lovely women then gave me 2 barium shakes to drink. It took me 1.5 hours to get them both down. They were banana smoothie flavored, but trust me, it wasn't banana smoothie. Then I had to wait 2 hours for the stuff to get to where it had to go, so I was at least able to walk around and sit outside. When I came back, I had to drink a 3rd one. That's where I drew the line. I was only able to get 2.5 of them down and I told the tech that I was getting so n* from it I felt like I was going to v* and then I would have to do it all over again. So, he told me that what I had drank was good enough. I asked him why they insist on drinking all 3 of them if they only need 2 for the test and he wasn't able to give me an answer. I think that they can just charge the insurance more money. Anyway, I'll find out the results by Monday. Thanks for all the well wishes...
    <a href=\"