Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

note: could be kinda scary if it hasnt happened to you before!

Hey guys I had this dream this morning that I drank ipecac (How could I[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]) and i bent over to v* and my dream ended there, but as I woke up,mytwo actions blended sort of and i sat up gagging and for this scary moment i actually bought up a bit of food! it wasnt so bad because i was sort of in shock and didnt feel heaps n* but it still felt bad.

I was all shaky and was wondering, can something you see in a dream actually make you v*. If Id have been dreaming any longer, i think i would have bought up dinner, but i had a mildish panic attack and was just wondering what the heck was going on, i thought i was all sick and came on here and sort of needed to vent, i havent slept since 5am, when i woke and Ive been waiting to tell you guys. i dunno what answer im expecting but im just a little lost.
    Bringing up the subject every day.

That is strange..

Well (this is kinda embarassing) but i've had a dream where i've needed the loo for a wee in a dream, and then I go (in the dream) and wake up wetting my bed!! I wonder if its something like that.. maybe you burped in your sleep and a little bit of undigested food came up and thats what triggered your dream?

Dreams happen in split seconds so it could easily have happened like that.. other than that i'm afraid I can't be of much more help!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Kinda weird when you think about it, a dream is sort of like a virtual reality thingy, it can simulate any sight, smell, feeling, even taste.

As for that wee thing, thats happened to me too before [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]but I guess it's your bodys natural reaction, sometimes i miss a step in a dream and i wake up and my leg jolts horribly as if preparing to take a fall.
    Bringing up the subject every day.

Happened to me too [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]and I've got a strong male bladder.

Anyway, Amy, as for that v* thing,perhaps it was that really bad reflux like you had that other time? Or maybe you did, as you said, the body reacted as if it were a real situation perhaps. Then again, thank god it was a dream.

*cybercuddles!*

-Jay

I have the most vivid, realistic dreams and never a night goes by where I don't have at least three/four different dreams. The closest thing I have experienced to your v* dream is when I dreamed I was eating a really sickly horrible icecream that left me nauseous (my stomach is turning over remembering the dream now and I had this dream over three years ago!), but I never came anywhere near to v*ing and the nausea vanished pretty much as soon as I came round from my sleep.

When I have awoken in the night and actually v*ed (that was always the time IT happeneded on the rare occasionsI v*edas a child) I have always woken in plenty of time to get myself up and to the bathroom. Unless you areextremely drunk (one of the dangers of getting very drunk) I think your body will automatically wake you up if you need to v* to prevent choking.

Oh and just as a by the way, I sometimes have dreams that I need the loo and actually take a pee in my dream, but I don't actually do it in real life so have never wetted the bed!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

When I was younger I'd see a to9ilet, gwrowing closer and closer in my dream, and I'd wake up and have to go really bad. Or, I'd be dreaming, and i'd see flashes of a toilet in the middle of my dreams. kinda creepy!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I take some meds to help me sleep and as i have had 4 children, my bladder isn't up to its best! Anyhow some nights i dream about going into public toilets (something i'd never do when conscious LOL) and i can't find the right toilet to pee in! either the toilet is overflowing, broken or has no privacy, then, like magic, i wake up and need the loo! I have also dreamed the v* thing like you emi, and i have sat up in bed and burped. I personally think, like my body telling me i need go pee, my body is telling me i need to burp! I've never v* from one of these burps. You're just very shocked by it, like i was when it first happened to me.

I dreamt V many times, one time I actualy felt it in my throat, but it was only refluks.

I dream to pee, but never actually pee in bed!

I agree with the others, it was probably reflux. I have awakened to that, and it is very unsettling. I hope you feel better.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by trixie
    I take some meds to help me sleep and as i have had 4 children, my bladder isn't up to its best! Anyhow some nights i dream about going into public toilets (something i'd never do when conscious LOL) and i can't find the right toilet to pee in! either the toilet is overflowing, broken or has no privacy, then, like magic, i wake up and need the loo! I have also dreamed the v* thing like you emi, and i have sat up in bed and burped. I personally think, like my body telling me i need go pee, my body is telling me i need to burp! I've never v* from one of these burps. You're just very shocked by it, like i was when it first happened to me.

Trixie, i read somewhere that this is a very common dream and it hasa meaning but I can't remember what it was. You should look it up, especially if it is a recurring dream for you!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Mjewell, yes it is a recurring dream - how can i find out more...?

I have the same dream when I want the loo - I always dream either the toilet is overflowing or it has no privacy!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

^ Yes, me and my mum both have that dream every so often - how weird! Trixie, if you're curious, perhaps check out a Dream Analysis website. They should have something on it...I'll have a look around too, if I have time...this stuff fascinates me!

And emi_rosu, that must have been a little scary! V* dreams are alwasy unnerving, but at least it was only a dream. Don't let them frighten you! In dreams, your mind just replays things you have been thinking about, or things you have seen, etc. And what you dream about *can* relate to how you are feeling, I think (like needing to pee and dreaming about toilets).Maybe your dream just made you panic, and you woke up too quickly, hence the gagging feeling and everything.

I'm sorry I can't offer much of an explanation!
    Edited by: angel13
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

yep, everyone's said what I was thinking, your body probably just reacted like you were still dreaming.. or it was reflux... it seems like you're not really sick

and this toilet thing is so weird! I've never actually wet the bed, but I have the reoccuring dream about toilets too! Like, I go into a bathroom, and all the toilets have no privacy... but for some reason in the dream I'm fine with that... and I'm trying to find the perfect one to go in (like, they all have different shapes... or are positioned differently... and sometimes they don't even look like toilets! they are toilets made to look like random objects)... but then usually once I find one I want to use (because in my dreams I have a preference for a certain toilet) for some reason I can't go. It is so weird... and that was probably too much info...

I've had dreams where I was peeing and then woke up almost
    peeing!! Eeek!! I've also had dreams where I've been n* and
    then woken up thinking I was gonna v* <!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

It's true that dreams with an entire long story-line can happen in a split-second. You probably burped or whatever in your sleep and had the dream at the same time. If you're afraid this will happen again you can actually tell yourself not to dream before you go to sleep, but to wake up instead if you're sick. It works.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Wow, Trixie and all, this is freaky. I have recurring dreams as well about trying to find a toilet to pee in. I'm usually in a dirty public place, and the toilets are cracked, covered in waste, overflowing, no tolet paper, no soap or towels, etc. I search forever and sometimes the toilets have no privacy or are facing each other, or I try to wash my hands and nothing gets clean. Aahh! I can't believe we have the same weird dreams! Please let me know if anyone finds out what these dreams are supposed to mean.

Girl Drummer

Okay, I found a few things on the web about toilet dreams. Here's some info I got from the first page of hits from google (some of this stuff is weird and I'm not sure it applies the same way to emets, but for curiosity's sake):
    Dream symbol: toilet
    toilet, toilets

Interpretation:

Eliminating, cleansing, releasing, purifying
    A blocked toilet may represent repressed emotions or an inability to express yourself

Toilet
    To see a toilet in your dream, symbolizes a release of emotions or getting rid of something in your life that is useless.
    To see a clogged toilet in your dream, signifies that you are holding in and keeping your feelings to yourself. Your emotions have been pent up too long.
    To see an overflowing toilet in your dream, denotes your desires to fully express your emotions.

The toilet is a symbol of emotional relief or unloading unwanted pressure. Sitting on a toilet means that you are getting rid of an emotional or an external burden. Seeing a human excrement or producing it predicts a win or additional income.

<A name=toilet>TOILET</A>The actual room: Many people find their only privacy in the toilet, so it can depict their need for, or feelings about, privacy.

If it is a bathroom and toilet: Possibly includes the need for cleaning up your sexual attitudes or general attitude to others and self.

Toilet bowl: The part of you that deals with your body wastes, and the emotions you need to discharge. It can also represent the female sexual organ

wow! thanks girl drummer.

That is really interesting, girl drummer! ^^

the kind of dreams where you dream something &amp; you wake up doing it are called lucid dreams, where you're not quite asleep but not really awake either so your body feels a bit confused &amp; if you dream about peeing you may just do it!