Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Airborne???

Hi all,

I was just wondering, whethersv's are able to be caught through the air?? I have a feeling Norovirus can be caught through the air, is this true? its just that i have read a few times on here that sv's aren't airborne, only if you have been sharing drinks, cuttlery, kissing etc. But then how do lots of schools end up with outbreaks of sv's? because surely not all the people who catch these sv's have been sharing stuff.
    kath x

i would imagine kids dont wash there hands as well as they should so of course there touching door handles hands in mouths etc .....

If someone goes to the toilet and doesn't wash their hands right or at all and they have the virus they can transmit it to things, someone comes along and touches the same thing and puts their hands in their mouth, nose or eyes and bam. Virus. It's not airbourne like respitory illness because it's simply not in the lungs! But it's transmited through Saliva or not wahsing hands properly after using the toilet.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Thank u both, that has cleared it up for me [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    kath x