Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay my friend said that for the past 2 days he's had FP he went to the hospital and everything and they confirmed it. He says he's better today and I want to invite him over but I'm afraid of catching something. Is it possible to catch FP?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yes. Its similar to a stomach virus in how its transmitted from person to person.

Do you know what type it was...salmonella etc?

Wow- I did NOT know that!!!!

Monica- it is possible to catch some types of food poisoning- BUT if he washes after he goes to the bathroom, and you wash before eating/touching your face, you will likely be fine. The bacteria that made them sick can be found in their fecal matter- but as previously mentioned, if you are hygienic you really shouldn't worry!

*amber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yes you can catch fp only from faeces, rarelyactual v itself. I had the same panick when my other half had fp just recently and the dr confirmed this. its hard to catch fp from v because of something to do with the acid, i dont really understand what he said, i was just a bit too relieved to listen

lol[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

food can be "poisoned" with several kinds of bacteria: some is from leaving the food out too long at room temp. and then things like salmonella, etc. grow in it. You can't catch that. But other food gets contaminated with noroviruses from cooks not washing their hands or coughing or sneezing all over it. Then everyone who eats it gets sick cuz they've caught the virus: this is "food poisoning" you can catch.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I'll put this one up on the Q&A for Alvin, but I'm 99.9% sure that you're incorrect - bacteria is not contageous in any way....
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

If you're hygenic, worry no more[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]