Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've recently decided that I'm going to loose weight, and I've been walking everyday, and counting my calories using this website: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp

I'm wondering if it is accurate because I'm entering my food into each day and my calorie intake seems low since I've cut my diet - about 1000 a day, which I don't think is very much, but I almost feel guilty eating more.

for an example, today, I ate a toasted tomato sandwich with a cup of chicken soup for lunch, 2 bananas, 1 cup strawberries, a ham sandwhich on cheese bread ( no mayo) for supper, a girl guide cookie, some yogurt, and lots of water. does that sound like 1000 calories?

I dunno, maybe I should be eating more.. but aside from cutting out all the snack food, that sounds almost like a completely average day when I'm NOT trying to loose weight. ( I snack alot though)

edited : apparently to maintain my weight, I need to eat an average of 2200 calories a day, so to loose anything I need to eat less than that.Edited by: Babydoll
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

1,000 calories a day is not enough. You should eat at least 1200 or your
    body will go into starvation mode and you won't loose weight nearly as
    fast as if you fuel your body properly. I lost 90 pounds and have kept it
    off for a year now. I'm not an expert by any means, but I do know my
    stuff when it comes to loosing and keeping it off. I eat VERY healthy.
    Drink 6 to8 glasses of water that will really help with the loss. The one
    thing I can't emphasize enough (this is coming from someone who has
    lost and gained my weight back a gazillion times except for this last time
    is that it has to be a lifestyle change -no diet works. You have to change
    your eating habits permanently or it will just come right back. The
    walking is great- I wish you lived here, I always need a walking buddy.
    List of foods sounds pretty good- but try to get some veggies in there. I
    really need to loose about 25 more pounds but for the past year, I've just
    been concentrating on maintaining my loss. I just got back on my "diet"
    this week. Here is an old web blog with pics from last year. I've lost
    another BIG whopping 4 pounds since then ;-)
    Edited by: lgood22573

wow 90 lbs? thats amazing!! what an inspiration! You look great, and you must have alot of motivation! congratulations!

I figured 1000 was too low, I've heard that 1200 is probably the lowest you should go as well, but I'd have to sneak in some extra cookies to get there tonight, lol.. and I thought that eating cookies was what I was supposed to aviod!

I have heard it's important to keep up your lifestyle when your done.. to a degree ( to a point where you don't loose weight, but don't gain any). I don't think I'll have much trouble with this since Im actually enjoying the walking so far.

a walking buddy would be great eh? But then again. I kind of look at it as my little escape where I can clear my mind and relax.

I'm just trying to loose about 20lbs, nothing major. I'm 4 foot 11 and 125 lbs, and I know it sounds like I'll be going from a low weight, but from what I've read, the ideal weight for someone at 4'11 is between 103-111 lbs. 105 is about my goal.

again, thanks for your advice. maybe I'll start adding up my calories manually before I enter the food into the site to see how they compare.. maybe the site is under measuring. Edited by: Babydoll

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

i am actually training as a nutritionist/physcologist to aid those with eating disorders. I had an ed for many of my teenage years and was at one point on the brink of death. I know you don't have an ed,but madics say that fewer than 1200 cals a day puts you a greater risk of developing one, because with all weight loss you reach a stage where you dont loose any for a week or to and as its frustrating you cut back even more. For a healthy wieght loss, thats easier to keep off you should be aiming for 1500 cals a day with adequate exercise. Aiming to loose 1-2lbs per week

It's confusing, isn't it?

I think some people's bodies rely on and burn more calories differently than others.
    My normal diet had me around 1200-1500 a day, so when I began trying to lose weight, I felt that I needed to cut my calories some in order to see the results that I wanted. People have told me that my problem is that I don't eat enough and that is why the weight is not coming off, but when I raise my calorie intake back to normal or try 1800, I gain weight.

I recently stopped worrying about calories. I watch my sugar intake. I usually have either eggs or a protein shake for breakfast, salad or a protein shake for lunch, then chicken and vegetables of some kind for dinner, or sometimes a turkey burger with no bun for dinner with red and green peppers on the side. I don't own a scale, I was told not to ever use one. But, my clothes are fitting a little differently. The main difference I have noticed in myself is muscle tone. I have always been muscular, but this is much more defined. I think I owe that to both the protein and working out.

My problem is that the weight I gained was due to an anti depressant. For me, each time I have gained weight this way, it takes a llloooooonnnng time to come off. First you have to change your body's chemistry and then results will happen, so I don't know if you could be experiencing something like this, but if you are.. just be patient.

So, instead of a scale, I go to my pharmacy guy and have a BIA done, where he calculates my muscle, intercellular water, extracellular water and fat... I go do this tomorrow... very nervous. As I said before, I am getting married in 5 months and don't want to be a fat bride.

My sister is a holistic nutritionist and says it's all about sugar. Cut back on sugar. Don't eat processed foods or foods with chemicals. She also suggests taking digestive enzymes, which not only help in weight loss, but also stomach ailments.

God, my posts are always soooo looong! sorry. Hope some of that helps.

\"This too shall pass\"

I don't use sugar or artificial sweetners. I use Stevia- a natural sweet
    herb. I keep reading artificial sweetners actually make your body hungry
    for sweets and cause weight gain.Edited by: lgood22573

I am trying to lose weight, too...about 26 pounds, to be exact! I did Weight Watchers in the past and it worked, but I don't want to pay for it anymore, and I want to be able to do it on my own with diet and exercise. I have been exercising pretty often...I ran a 5K last Saturday....but, I am so bad about eating right! I had a bowl of cereal this morning and then at work there were donuts and I ate one! I am so mad at myself! Any good weight loss tips out there? Otherwise, it's good to have others going through the same thing. Maybe we can check back here with each other and see how we are doing!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

thats a great idea harmony girl! then we can keep modivating each other!

man, sometimes I can't believe what crap I was eating... fast food all the time, chocolate bars and chips.. ALL the time. I was living in university and didn't realize it was all adding up... I'm actually amazed I only gained 15 lbs this whole year ( from september on) considering I didn't have ANY physical activity pratically.

now, I dont even want it like I did.. I'm not having many cravings for it.. because the end result is more worth it to me than any chocolate bar at this point. I realize i'm going to have to have a little bit every now and then.. so I wont get the urge to binge.

keep the tips coming.. they are all helping!!

btw, I normally eat kid sized portions of meals. It just doesn't take alot to fill me.Maybe thats why I feel like I'm not cutting much food out.. just the type of food is the change.Edited by: Babydoll

I am jealous! I still totally crave bad food....obviously, by the fact that I ate the donut today! I really really want to do better!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Hey Jill-

Just a heads up, if you are looking to add extra calories to your diet (I agree- 1000 just isn't enough!) don't do it by eating more cookies with dinner, or more dessert food. You will get the extra calories- but also the sugar, which is NOT conducive to loosing weight. Try adding whole grain products, cheese (in moderation), fruits and veggies to add the calories. Even a smoothie with fresh fruit, juice (try to get the stuff with no added sugars or sugar reduced), and some low fat or non-fat yogurt should be enough to get you what you need.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.