Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

First of all, I want to appologize for being so needy lately. I have been posting a lot on the boards this week as my anxiety has been through the roof. My current dilema is that I am still freaking out about my brother being sick the other day and the possibility of getting sick myself. I was only around him about an hour the next day after he was sick to have lunch with him. I am especially high anxiety right now because I am suppossed to go on a three hour trip back to see my husband's parents...I am soooo scared that I am going to get sick on the way or at their house. I am so afraid that I don't know what to do with myself right now... I haven't been eating much and I haven't been sleeping good. Honestly, this is the most afraid that I have EVER been with my emet and I have had much worse exposure experiences in the past. Please help if you can, I don't know why I am so worked up, but I am so afraid right now!!

I am sorry you are feeling this way. I can understand, as I have been feeling similar lately.
    Probably the not eating right and sleeping too little is compounding the problem, then it turns into a vicious circle. Is there something you like to do that relaxes you, like taking a walk, or having a bath?
    I know it's hard to eat, but if you find something high in nutrients, like a protein smoothie, it may help.
    I wish I had better advice, but these are things I am still figuring out, too. Hugs![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time lately (I've definatly been there) I find for trips keep your self occupied, hand held games, puzzle books, writing, reading etc. Not getting proper sleep always makes me more anxious, maybe bring a safesleep aid along and anti-nausea pills just for a little extra confidence. I hope you start feeling better soon

I have some facts that might be helpful to you. The time it takes from the stomach virus gets into your body till you actually gets sick is never more than 50 hours, which is two days (48 hours) pluss two hours. Usually it takes less time. 24 hours is normal. I read your last post and noticed you had lunch with your brother the 26th of april, which is two days ago. and since it was lunch and not supper, it was probably erly in the day, right? so, from my calculations you should be safe totally safe by now.I'm really sorry if my calculations are wrong due to the different time codes. I live in Norway (central european time) and I don't know where in the us you live, or whether the "date and time notes" on these posts show your time or mine, but again, I think you should be safe

I think that since you have been calmer about worse exposures in the past that the issue is not really the exposures or even the car ride.

What is it about your life lately that is making your emet so intense? What is it you are stressed out about? Why might your emet be intensifying so much right now? I would try to be curious about the answers to questions like those. In your post, you write, "My current dilemma is ..." but you know, the current dilemma is probably not the important part of this.

I'm glad that you are looking into some treatment soon.

You poor, poor thing. I totally sympathize with you! Like others, I feel that you are nearly out of the woods. I strongly doubt that you would become ill at this point. Find something you like to do and do it for as long as possible. When I'm stressed or in emet moods, I like playing games on Yahoo, Slingo, or Pogo.com. The game occupies your mind and keeps emet out!
    ~~~Carolyn~~~