Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Damn

I did the worst thing again today, hit myself in the stomach and ribs again[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] im now feeling the effect of it, im worried i've done or im going to do serious damage to it. Its really painfull at the moment all my stomach and around my bladder area are in agony and im worried i've damaged something. I know i only have myself to blame, but when you hurt your stomach can that make you feel a bit n*? and my mum told me i should still eat even if i don't feel like it otherwise i'll get hungry which makes the pain worse. Has anybody here ever had anger management? im thinking of going as i keep getting angry with myself and self harm becuase i feel so disgusted with myself.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

how did you hit yourself? Did you fall? Hope you feel better soon ;(

I think anger management classes or therapy would help you. The n* you are feeling could be coming from anxiety over the fact that you hurt yourself so badly. Try using a warm heating pad over your abdomen, that might help soothe the pain. I'm worried about you roofus, you shouldn't be hurting yourself like that. You are a wonderful person, you don't need to beat yourself up for things. Please take care of yourself, and keep us posted on how you are feeling.

<a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Hey, thank you very much for your replys[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], thanks, i just wish i felt wonderfull, but i know that things in life don't always go great, everybody has there troubles. I think the n* was from being so anxious and that i hit my stomach so hard, i have one of those wheaty(sp) bags over my lower abdomen and had some calpol (i still take calpol lol its easier on the stomach) that seems to have helped a little. Yeah anger managment may be a good idea to help take it out in other ways then self harm. Thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] take care also.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Hey Roofus, I am concerned about the self harming. And I know from personal experience about the subject. I'm not so sure it's an anger management issue, so much as a self-esteem issue. When I was self-harming, it was because I felt awful about my self and my life, and I wanted some physical, outward proof that others could see of the pain I felt inside. I didn't feel taken seriously.
    We all take you seriously here. We care, and want you to feel better. When you are feeling bad like that next time, try messaging me or one of the others on the forum. You have many friends who are willing to listen.

Hey, thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] thats really nice of you. I self harm for both reasons, anger from being around my family and self hate i guess, i mean now i have the antisickness tabs there i feel safe to eat, but i just can't myself to do it all well, i guess its just taking the plunge and eating something and dealing with it, i just don't think it helps when all my family seem to do is be at war with each other, its like are rooms are, are own flats, we don't sit down together as a family ever, we don't eat together or anything, which makes it worse. Im sorry you self harmed to, did you get it sorted out? I understand though about when people don't take you seriously. Take care, and thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

xx

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Do you think that maybe if you had another place to be, other than home for a while, that that might help? It sounds like your home is pretty stressful right now, and I can imagine it would be hard to concentrate on eating and dealing with stress when all you get is more stress. Is there a family member or friend that you could maybe go to stay with for even a week to relax?
    To answer your question, I got it sorted out partially. I had a small slip-up recently, but have, for the most part, not been doing it for the last 3 1/2 years. It is on my mind in times of stress, tho. Kind of like an addiction. I might have a fight with my husband, and think "I'm just gonna go and do it! That'll show him." He doesn't trust me, tho, and if he sees me go in the bathroom during/after a fight, he usually barges in to make sure I'm not up to no good. This actually pisses me off immensely, and makes me want to do it more. I might just be going in there to blow my nose, or take a deep breath, and self-harm might not have even crossed my mind, but he always has to bring it up. Oh well, I'm sorry to have rambled on so much about myself. I just hope you can get the peace and quiet you need to get better, and if that means going someplace else to get it, then I say go for it. You deserve to get well, and we all know you are working hard at it.

Im wondering why on earth would you punch yourself in the stomach? Kim

Punching yourself like that CAN make you v*! Kim

Awww im sorry[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img], i know sometimes it dosnt cross your mind untill someone brings it up, but normally people only bring it up because they care and are worried you'll do something. Yeah i think maybe be somewhere else could help, i was thinking about moving to my nans with my mum, but my mum won't go as she dosn't want to leave my brother (who's 20 so he could look after himself[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]) but when we're all together theres normally an argument and it feels as if she likes it, if she wants to stay here. But social service's are involved now, and there going to put me on the waiting list to get housing, so that would be cool.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Kutekim1217 - I have no idea why i went for my stomach, but i relised it wasn't the best place to hit[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img].

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Would you get your own place? Maybe in the meantime, your Nan's would be a good place, even for a short time. Hope it all works out.