Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the world that does NOT have these big sv outbreaks?

well in my area, (vancouver, british columbia) i have not heard about anyone having an SV for quite some time, last outbreak i heard about was a norwalk outbreak in a local hospital in around november, and havent heard anything about any viruses since.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

I actually dont think there will be, unless its somewhere unhabited as in living in the middle of a forest or up some large hill away from people, but you would still have to go into town or into a city to get supplys ect

I wish there was,Id love to hide away from it at the moment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Icicledreamz: I live in Bellingham, Wa, and keep hearing on the news about outbreaks in different parts of WA. Scary!
    Violet: I would totally love to hide out somewhere! Though I know that's the phobia talking.

hi icicle!

I didn't know you were from Vancouver! Are you looking for a therapist by any chance? I'm only a resident, but I'll treat people with emetophobia for free, for as many sessions as it takes.

Let me know ....here or by new post or by pm.

And it's not that far from Bellingham either, daff.....

...same to anyone in my area!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

OMG, are you serious Sage? I am currently in the process of checking out different therapists, but have not made a decision yet.

yes I'm serious! I guess it would be like a half-day of your life every time you came up here, and I only take clients on Wednesdays and occasionally Tues or Thurs....but it's a possibility.It's about an hour to 1H 15 min to get here, depending on where you are in Bellingham. You'll need a passport to get back into the USA I believe - if not yet, then pretty soon. Think about it.

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Sage-I live in Ohio. Do you know of anyone in my area that treats emet?
    Maybe I need a trip out to see you! I would love to be over this phobia!!!!!

I notice at the bottom of your posts, you recommend going to the
    treatments thread. I have been looking for it for a while now and can't
    seem to locate it. I'm new and still getting used to everything.
    Julie

Treatments is the third main topic from the bottom in the discussion forums.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

thanks, Daff....ya - if you go to "active topics" each time you come here you won't necessarily find it. Go to the top of this page and click "IES Forums" and then scroll down to "Treatments". At the top is a bunch of info on sticky posts.

And sorry...I'm a long way from Ohio! But on the Treatments thread is a sticky post with a process for "How to find professional help"

Good luck!

(and if you really want to fly to Vancouver, Canada to see me once...you're most welcome!)

well sage, im in surreyactually i remember you telling me you lived in burnaby? or abbotsford im not quite sure..if i could get out there somehow i would love to meet with you, or maybe even set a place to meet?
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

I haven't heard of SV for a LONG time down here in Australia. My mom works at the hospital as I might have mentioned and I asked her, she said she hadn't seen any outbreaks or even 1 case of sv (I assume norwalk virus is another name for it, because thats what she kept calling it) at all, then again, she hasn't been here her whole life, only the past 6 years but still, before then, she heard of only 1 case

I don't think I've ever heard of an "outbreak" severe enough to warrant any attention here in Boise, ID - at least since I have been old enough to pay attention.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip