Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was sick this past Mon. (I would have posted this earlier, but our computer was being fixed.) When I got up I felt a little off, but just figured it was my IBS flarring up. However, as the day wore on, I started to realize it wasnt just IBS. I really started to feel bad on the way home from getting this children at school. I barely made it into the house I was so dizzy. That was the funny thing about this bug, I was nauseous and dizzy, but never did gag or actually throw up. The dizziness I had was horrible though. After I had the first episode of diarrhea, I took some Phenergan and laid down. I slept from 4 pm, til about 9 pm. Thats about when the Phenergan started wearing off. I started feeling dizzy and yucky again. I had another episode od diarrhea, this time was much worse though. After I went to the bathroom that time, it made a huge difference in how I felt. My stomach was still hurting and cramping, but I didnt feel naseous and dizzy anymore. I did take one more Phenergan and went back to bed. Not long after I laid back down, my oldest daughter came to tell us she had just v'd. I didnt know she had even been feeling bad. (I was pretty out of it.) Thank God my husband was home!!!! After she v'd that one time, she was fine. She never even had any diarrhea. Whatever we had was either a bug or food poisioning, because we were the only ones who got sick, and we both had the nausea, dizziness, and body aches, but we were both over it within 12-24 hours. I have just been proud of myself that I made it through all that without this site. Please dont take that the wrong way. It just makes me feel good to know that I can be stong, even if I cant come here in a crisis. The neat thing about this was that since I got it first, I wasnt worried about my children getting it. I knew that if they did, chances were I wasnt going to catch it back from them, and I would be able to take care of them. Know what I mean?!?!

I think that this experience has helped me some, but I dont know that I could give this site up completely. There will be more times of need for me Im sure!!

Good for you Jennyleigh! I bet you are so proud of yourself right now...sv* are the worst...Great Job!

I do have one question for you...whatis phenergan?

What did you guys eat?

wow...great attitude...i hope when i get sick i will be like you...although i don't have phenergan to get me through the nausea...so my attitudewill probably be a lot worse....i'm sure if i ask a doctor (don't have one) for some, he'll refer me to a psychiatrist...that's why i'm hesitant about asking...anyways glad to hear you got through it and are feeling better....so you don't even know if you would have v* without the phenergan?.... Edited by: sheri-baby
    ~Sheri~

Well done for coping so well. I am glad you and your daughter are feeling better now.

6pksummer here is a link on phenergan:

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/phe1332.htm

I dont know if I would have v'd if I hadnt taken the Phenergan. I went all day until 4 pm feeling nauseous off and on, and never v'd. Before I took the Phenergan, I remember sitting there on the toilet (sorry guyus, TMI) and feeling sick and thinking, if it happens right now I dont care, I just wanna feel better. I wasnt trying to stop it.

We had eaten some Chinese food on Sat. night, and it was Mon. when we got sick. So I dont know if it was the food or not, but my oldest daughter and I were the only ones who ate it, and we were the only ones who got sick.

Excellent Leigh!! That happened to a friend of mine. THe family went out for chinese food on Saturday night and all of them were sick early Monday morning. She said she started around 5am, her husband started at 6am and her son started just after his dad.
    You are strong Leigh, I am glad you realize that!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Leigh, I am so glad you are back, we've missed you!! And I am so glad you are feeling better and handled it so well!!! Excellent!!!

Hey girl,

I was wonderin' where you were. I am sorry to hear that you were ill. Fortunately, no v**. Still, d** and associated symptoms are no picnic. I am also glad your daughter was only sick the one time and nothing more.

Stella

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]ROCK ON LEIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Congrats, you dealt with it greatly
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Great for you!!! I hope I'm as strong although I just went through a week of really bad nausea for taking antibiotics. Even Phenergan didn't work for me this time. I was taking 25 mg. an hour just to make it tolerable. I almost felt like heaving several times within the day. If I spoke, sang or raised my voice that was enough to provoke a heave and somehow I managed to control it. I never did heave but I know that it should have happened several times. I'm proud of myself too. good for us.

Pumpkin

Well, Leigh, I think i am experiencing exactly what you had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D, weak, dizzy....just don't know...talk soon..K
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"